Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Elmer's cap never looked as good as this one! This is my Woolrich Plaid Hunter's Cap and as you would expect, I love it! Its says "Man from Michigan" with out all that 'maze and blue' nonsense;) Go Spartans!! I had to put a new lining in it, the old one was worn right out and the cap wouldn't hold shape. I took the lining from a modern winter cap with earflaps which also adds a degeree of insulation to the cap. It's like a vintage auto with a new engine and chassis. Having never been a hunter, I finally get a chance to look like I'm hosting Michigan Outdoors with Mort Neff.

223525853_746473160_0_edited.jpg

223525736_746472729_0_edited.jpg

223525949_746473528_0_edited.jpg

dean

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I only just within the past year became interested in caps. Since I've been wearing hats, they mainly have been fedoras. Here's a pic taken of me in my first cap-a Bailey a bought on a whim after suddenly realizing how good I look in a cap browsing a store in town.

detective_bw.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
deanglen said:
And you do! Oh, don't you, though? Oh yes you do! Great cap and look, ScionPI2005, indeed!

Problem is, every day now, I have to glance back and forth between my fedoras and the cap, and determine which one gets to ride with me that day. I do try to be fair, I really do...[huh]

deanglen

ScionPI2005 said:
Problem is, every day now, I have to glance back and forth between my fedoras and the cap, and determine which one gets to ride with me that day. I do try to be fair, I really do...[huh]

I do that with any kind of headwear I own. It's a great way to practice being decisive!lol

dean

Hat Head

One of the Regulars
Just ordered my first B!Wear

First time poster, but I've learned a lot by lurking on the board for a while.

Once my B!Wear arrives, I'll try to get a pic posted.

deanglen

Welcome, Hat Head! Bit ironic that you use Hat Head for a screenname and your first post is in The Cap Faction:) Here's to your B!Wear cap and the pictures you'll post when you get it! Cheers!

dean

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Ah, it's good to see Dean back in a hat. It's also good to see the warmer weather in that picture. I'm looking out the window at freezing rain right now...yuck!

fatwoul

Practically Family
I have a suggestion for those who want to get Dean back to wearing fedoras.

Everyone contribute a dollar or two to a fund, which would be used to buy dean an appropriate fedora from OFAS. As a gift from all of us, Dean would feel too guilty if he didn't wear it.

Personally, I quite like caps now that I have one. They're much better for wearing indoors when it's cold, too.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I find that when I wear my cap, my hat hair symptoms are a lot less. Does anyone else get that?

I also have to admit now that sometimes, I change hats throughout the day. I live and work on a college campus, so I will sometimes swap out my hat in-between classes or a work shift. I guess I'm kinda sneaky that way.

OOH YES, and welcome to the Lounge Hat Head! Enjoy your stay here!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Actually, I've been wearing caps longer than I've been wearing fedoras. My favourite is a Harris Teed driving cap that I bought at a Scottish shop in Wilmington, Delaware between ten and fifteen years ago. I'll try to post a photo of it soon. One advantage I truly appreciate is that I don't have to take it off while getting into the car.
BYW, it's freezing rain/snow mix here now, so it'll be a cap instead of a Stetson when I go out to walk the dog...

deanglen

Not to be ungracious, but buying me a hat would not drive me to wearing fedoras regularly again. I already feel guilty about not wearing them; more guilt would not change the situation. Really and truly, I feel more comforatble in my caps. Fedoras feel rather formal to me, personally. I have an occupation that requires some rather significant formality at times and I am just not a formal guy. But I do like fedoras as something to work on, modify, appreciate, etc. I'm not saying I will never wear them again. The way I feel in a cap sets me at ease. A fedora makes me self-concious. But a Span-Am war campaign hat is different...and I can't really tell you why, but it just is. My repro that is long gone due to a bad brim stitching experiment.
CopyofIMGP0042.jpg

dean

Mike1973

A-List Customer
accessorise your cap!

Going through some photos from last year, found these gems I thought deserved a spot here...

BoxingDay06116.jpg

BoxingDay06117-1.jpg

Taken on Boxing day last year, at a vintage rally in Wickam Square. I have no idea who this chap was, but loved the way he accessorised his great driving cap!
Small Jack Russell - Check
Irvin flying jacket - Check
Open top Bentley - Check

Fantastic! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21