Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Whenever I've seen vintage caps on sale, they seem to be small sizes 6 3/4 or something, so I've been wondering maybe if people had smaller heads in the olden days

Now that's what seems to be just another funny - or should I say cruel? - twist of fate as I have a rather small head at 6 7/8 and whenever I look at vintage caps they turn out to be to big for me. We're both looking at the wrong places.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
These eight panels fromPOG Apparel look to have a good vintage shape to them... nice overcoats too! Stumbled upon them after a fruitless search for merino wool caps.

newsboycap_355.jpg

Only one colour though and no other pictures.

That newsboy looks pretty decent. Might have to pick one up to have a better view. ;)

Razzman

One Too Many
B!Wear Navy Linen Cap. I've had this for some time, can't remember if I posted it. Hope to get another hat from Hepville and one from Johnny J. soon.

DSC02059.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02055.jpg
[/IMG]

Adnamira

A-List Customer
That newsboy looks pretty decent. Might have to pick one up to have a better view. ;)

I was thinking it looks to have a similar outline to your eight dart caps, Johnny - looks to have that ample back ant tilt line like that yours have. Do you end up with many offcuts with your eight dart caps? If so you could sew them up in a few eight panels. I wonder if you could just take the template from your eight darts and just extend the cuts to work out the panels for a newsboy version. I really like the chunky brim with tweed fabrics too.

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I was thinking it looks to have a similar outline to your eight dart caps, Johnny - looks to have that ample back ant tilt line like that yours have. Do you end up with many offcuts with your eight dart caps? If so you could sew them up in a few eight panels. I wonder if you could just take the template from your eight darts and just extend the cuts to work out the panels for a newsboy version. I really like the chunky brim with tweed fabrics too.

Top button looks a little larger than the old caps. I would use a smaller one, and also put the snap at least 1 inch away from the edge of brim.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Et voilà... 3 quick shots with a harris tweed caps... same features as my other new caps... even the harris tweed is pre washed:

87605,bht011RU3G.jpg

87606,bht02TCTCQ.jpg

87607,bht03YSH4J.jpg

And finally tomorrow I will get my haircut :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot