Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Cool fabric on this 8 dart french cap. More in the "Vintage Finds and Deals"section:

il_570xN.410313562_j47i.jpg

il_570xN.410309179_hbcm.jpg

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ench-8-Dart-Cap-on-Etsy&p=1592115#post1592115

DamianM

Vendor
100% handmade

image02202013181118.jpg

downsizedimage022020131.jpg

Inspired by this LVC Triple Pleat Jacket in gingham. I just need to give it a bleach-ish wash---or should I not.
GInham+threepleat.jpg

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
BCFB28CD-5704-402E-9D83-1CC48F80A14F-11318-00000FE2221C0752_zps582614a2.jpg

Bert it looks like that fabric is lighter weight. This picture is the best it kind of shows the tilt needed with the cap. Might need a little spray starch to get the crown under control.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Watched Gene Kelly in Singing In The Rain and saw a short clip of this great cap. I never noticed it before. I would like to have one of these great caps he was wearing.
DSCN1711_zps15424cc8.jpg

That was the sort of look I was after with this cap - white linen, made for me by FL member 'Hepville'.
DSCF0285_zps43cdefc6.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
Bert it looks like that fabric is lighter weight. This picture is the best it kind of shows the tilt needed with the cap. Might need a little spray starch to get the crown under control.

Thanks Ed. This cap has a thinner and stiffer material than the blue one. It is very strange and almost crackles when moved making it well suited for me being strange that is. It looks 100 times better after I ironed it but still has a mind of it's own. I do not have anything other than an ironing boad to drape it on and it isn't easy. I will try the spray starch. I hope it will not look like a balloon and stay that way. I'll bet Gene Kelly has a piece of cardboard or something to hold that shape. Of coarse I do not know much about these caps and would never of even thought about, looked at one, or wear one, untill I met you. I did find this unique black fabric with yellow speckles that would make a great cap.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/123578839/vintage-80s-blackwhite-heavyweight-tweed?ref=usr_faveitems

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'll bet Gene Kelly has a piece of cardboard or something to hold that shape.

It just depends on the fabric and the lining. Some vintage caps had like a mesh fabric on the top part of lining to help keep its shape. I don't add anything between lining and fabric anymore and my caps still keep their shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn