Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Simonds

Vendor
Great match Justin, looks like it fits pretty good? Sounds like you where able to leave it intact.
That cap inspired me to make the one in my avatar. The jacket accommodates it very well, lookin sharp!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Many thanks, Simonds! It fit pretty tight when I first put it on, but through constant wearing, it is fitting better and better. I really like that one in your avatar, looks like this one, only better ;) I can't wait to wear the Sport coat & cap combo tomorrow!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Modern rather than vintage, but the Christy's Linen 8-panel caps are my most worn summer caps (I've got three of them now in varying colours). They're cool enough for pretty much the warmest UK weather, and cope surprisingly well with a summer shower.

(couldn't manage an in focus close up with a manual lens)

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Just picked this up for 4 bucks at the thrift. cant date it but it is a nice full 6 panel cap.

documentname161.jpg

documentname160.jpg

documentname163.jpg

documentname162.jpg

'60s or later.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thanks guys! Im just about set for this summer, all I want is one more cordova cap and ill be happy
I seen your cap over facebook ed, and ill say it again I especially like those salt n pepper tweeds, great 8 panel cap Ed!
Here's a cap I have had for 40 years now. Since high school long ago. :) The cap had ear flaps that where attached to the cap. Had Johnny change out the big button an put a small button on the crown. An he put a leather sweatband in the cap.
Photo%20May%2016%2C%205%2025%2004%20PM.jpg

Photo%20May%2016%2C%205%2024%2058%20PM.jpg

Next I had make a new 8 panel cap with vintage fabric Bert had found. The cap has the round profile of a vintage newsboy and has enough width to give the cap a nice drape. I always cock my caps to the right and this cap sits great on my head. I also spec'ed a longer bill.
As always Johnny's workmanship is top notch.
Photo%20May%2016%2C%205%2017%2035%20PM.jpg

Photo%20May%2016%2C%205%2021%2054%20PM.jpg

Johnny has a Malrov cap for a sweatband and size adjustment still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Pine, sweet flannel cap!

ManofKent, You sir, are one dapper fellow. Great lookin' cap!

This one arrived today. 1920s Deadstock Cap.
The liner logo says "High Grade Cap"
The sweat says "Real Russian Leather. Printed in U.S.A."

I am unsure if I want to remove the size label, as well... it has been there all this time, but then again, it sits noticably on the underside of the brim...

00912.jpg

01014.jpg

01211.jpg

03011.jpg

Without the tissue paper (most likely original to the cap)
01310.jpg

02211.jpg

02110.jpg

02310.jpg

On my noggin:
02412.jpg

02511.jpg

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Very cool look mano! Those IR's look great on you
Very good find splint! I like the fabric on that cap, I have one with a linen liner just like that but a brown herringbone fabric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou