Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

My new favorite of your collection, Justin... congratulations on a great find that looks great on you.

I'd leave the size label in place. It will provide an interesting conversation starter.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Modern Flechet (bears no relationship to the old Flechets in terms of quality, but when I fancy a cap with less volume than I normally wear it serves a purpose):

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have a picture of the newsboy cap by Optimo? I have only read about them. Thanks!
Barry contact delectans Al took photo's of the cap and posted on the forum I can not remember which thread thou. It was on a trip to Optimo that he tried it on. They where made by a french company and they only got a few of them. They where spendy in the Mr. Freedom range and they decided not to purchase anymore as the company was hard to deal with Al said. Nothing special really of a cap you and Johnny make simular models.

phebus

One of the Regulars
I made my own newsboy! Just finished it tonight and wanted to show it off. Now I'll probably get some different materials and make a whole fleet of them.

phebus

One of the Regulars
Thanks Justin. I bought some brown herringbone material so that will be the next one. I'll be sure to show that one off when it's done too.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
index.php

Resident of Corbin Hollow, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia [Dyer boy, Shenandoah National. Park, Va. 1935.] (1935 Oct.)

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
4644342C-498D-4055-8238-9919D64C0630-3268-000004C818BC1FAD.jpg

Phebus nice worksmanship on your cap. To me the cap is too small for your head. Like the "Fedoras" and caps we see today which are stingy in dimension.
The size of your cap is too small for your facial features. I would make a 10" to 11" cap to fit your face better. Just my thoughts after looking at caps on heads for a long time. Sadly the average wearer of caps does not get to try on a variety of cap sizes in today Retail world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart