Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
He certainly appears very blonde, which may have helped him.

Hitler, Himmler and Goebbels weren't exactly blondes themselves - to put it mildly. The younger Goebbels even had a Jewish girlfriend for several years. I don't think looking for logic or reason makes sense in that particular context

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Some British caps from the 1952 film 'I Believe in You':
cap1ampsuit_zps7ff36c61.jpg

cap1_zps09fecc11.jpg

rear view of the same cap:
cap1rearview_zps9a8a6233.jpg

This is the width I like a cap to be:
cap2_zpsff98aa59.jpg

I think you're right. My only point being that the "model man" they were promoting looked pretty much like Grüdgens. The promotion of such an ideal was of course entirely cynical. That's the problem with Fascists - wherever you touch them, they're false.

Hitler, Himmler and Goebbels weren't exactly blondes themselves - to put it mildly. The younger Goebbels even had a Jewish girlfriend for several years. I don't think looking for logic or reason makes sense in that particular context

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I think you're right. My only point being that the "model man" they were promoting looked pretty much like Grüdgens. The promotion of such an ideal was of course entirely cynical. That's the problem with Fascists - wherever you touch them, they're false.

- and that point is big enough to allow for both of us to stand on it. I couldn't agree more! ;)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Cordova/Dashing Tweeds Trio

Red Sargeant 8-Panel
P1070712.JPG
Artisan Flat-Cap
P1070716-MIX.jpg P1070717.JPG
Shetland 8-Dart Casquette w/ front strap
P1070714.JPG P1070715.JPG

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I've been wondering where you were Robert, and looking forward to seeing you sporting the Dashing Tweeds! The pieces from Cordova look superb, love the red sergeant, in fact all of them are phenomenal. And your vintage caps are as usual amazing. Nice one!

Have you played with the luminescent threads on your red sergeant? Just take a photo looking down on it but use your flash - and watch what happens!

Welcome back, great to see you - your tops are tops!

howardeye

Practically Family
Sorry about that. The glasses are my wife's Icicles they don't make anymore. I get some strange looks when I walk into a restaurant covered in leather from riding on a motorcycle with these glasses on and wearing this 20 year old Giorgio Armani shirt with tie! After 20 years this shirt has not lost any of it's color! I only wear 2 colors black and blue.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
first-8-dart.jpg

Just at sundown - only enough time to snap the finish of my first cap ever. 8-dart with 1930's tweed, 1920's embroidered silk buttons and moire grosgrain. Patterned from my most beautiful 1920's deadstock flat cap. More pix in the daylight tomorrow. Many mistakes, but I'm happy. Onward and upward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters