Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The American Hatter Nov. 1928

5307801258_7801105f81_b.jpg
5307803198_e2c8c7ea36_b.jpg

5307842332_4b5ee5155a_b.jpg
5307214051_e3943b6b1e_b.jpg

5307591184_d2172edef8_b.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
I got my daughter a Hatpeople cap for Christmas. It is the full cut. She actually likes to push it all the way back, rather than pulling it over the brim like the men do. I think she is cute as a button in it!

100_2209.jpg

100_2210.jpg

azshawn

Familiar Face
I got my daughter a Hatpeople cap for Christmas. It is the full cut. She actually likes to push it all the way back, rather than pulling it over the brim like the men do. I think she is cute as a button in it!

100_2209.jpg

100_2210.jpg

What a cute kid! Great cap choice for her.

Last edited:

PoohBang

Suspended
Great shots... My son also has his own.

I just got another Hap People cap... This time an extra full. It's really big... much bigger than the full cuts I already have. But I couldn't pass up the BIN...

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Moments ago I ordered the Herringbone newsboy (green, brown and black) cap in Full cut from HatPeople! I'm very excited, yet I know very little about the company, the product, or the process. I will be going through this particular thread all the way through, but while I'm reading, I'd like to bolster my search by asking a question or two.

Actually, after reading the information provided on their website, I have only one question left for you. I'd like to ask your general impressions regarding the warmth of these hats, as I ordered this cap as an alternative to a fedora when the weather gets too cold and windy :).

Thank you all for your time and consideration. I'm very excited to soon be joining The Cap Faction!

Last edited:

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab

100_2209.jpg

100_2210.jpg

She looks great in it, univibe88! That's a great hat for her!

Moments ago I ordered the Herringbone newsboy (green, brown and black) cap in Full cut from HatPeople! I'm very excited, yet I know very little about the company, the product, or the process. I will be going through this particular thread all the way through, but while I'm reading, I'd like to bolster my search by asking a question or two.

First of all, I was wondering if someone could inform me of the average wait time from the time of ordering to the reception of the package at the doorstep, or at least a ballpark estimate. Secondly, I'd like to ask your general impressions regarding the warmth of these hats, as I ordered this cap as an alternative to a fedora when the weather gets too cold and windy :).

Thank you all for your time and consideration. I'm very excited to soon be joining The Cap Faction!

Hey Neophyte. I think when I've ordered from Hat People (two separate occasions), I received the hat within about two weeks. They say they have a bunch of the hats near completion in stock, but just need to sew the headband together to fit the size requirements and cut.

Overall I'd say the caps are decently warm. They do fine for here in Albuquerque where I've probably worn them in weather as cold as 20 degrees or so. Now for much colder, they probably wouldn't do as well as heavier material with ear covers.

Hope that helps.

Neophyte

Hey Neophyte. I think when I've ordered from Hat People (two separate occasions), I received the hat within about two weeks. They say they have a bunch of the hats near completion in stock, but just need to sew the headband together to fit the size requirements and cut.

Overall I'd say the caps are decently warm. They do fine for here in Albuquerque where I've probably worn them in weather as cold as 20 degrees or so. Now for much colder, they probably wouldn't do as well as heavier material with ear covers.

Hope that helps.

Thank you sir! That was immensely helpful. It seems my money, as well as my confidence, was well place :).

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Thank you sir! That was immensely helpful. It seems my money, as well as my confidence, was well place :).

Hat People make great hats, no doubt about it. Of the two I bought, I only have one now. That's because I determined the cut and the color of the material of the first hat were just not for me, not due to any lack of quality in the hat itself.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

Actually, after reading the information provided on their website, I have only one question left for you. I'd like to ask your general impressions regarding the warmth of these hats, as I ordered this cap as an alternative to a fedora when the weather gets too cold and windy :).

A Basque Beret is warmer :) Glad to see you branching out from your CD/BOP vein!!! I've a couple of Irish Tweed brimmed caps that I have worn in the winter for years. Not a Newsboy style though I have been giving some thought to one of The Hat Peoples caps. BTW, a tweed cap/Beret worn under a the hood of a nice down parka is a VERY WARM combo when the cold winds blow!! MUCH WARMER than ANY felt hat for sure !!! :)

Neophyte

A Basque Beret is warmer :) Glad to see you branching out from your CD/BOP vein!!! I've a couple of Irish Tweed brimmed caps that I have worn in the winter for years. Not a Newsboy style though I have been giving some thought to one of The Hat Peoples caps. BTW, a tweed cap/Beret worn under a the hood of a nice down parka is a VERY WARM combo when the cold winds blow!! MUCH WARMER than ANY felt hat for sure !!! :)

I had been looking for my first real boot (i.e., not the hiking variety) during my family's trip to Vegas over New Years, and found a nice weatherproof Johnston&Murpy model. In the same shop I found some newsboy/drive style caps. I liked how I looked in the Newsboy, but it was way too expensive (their model was $130 :eeek:) and too big (sized XL).

I remembered HatPeople being mentioned on The Cap Faction many times, and I figured that since I'm about to spend so much money on a Buckaroo custom, I might as well go for a HatPeople semi-custom at the same time lol. Seriously, I love TFL and the wealth of available information :D!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I had been looking for my first real boot (i.e., not the hiking variety) during my family's trip to Vegas over New Years, and found a nice weatherproof Johnston&Murpy model. In the same shop I found some newsboy/drive style caps. I liked how I looked in the Newsboy, but it was way too expensive (their model was $130 :eeek:) and too big (sized XL).

I remembered HatPeople being mentioned on The Cap Faction many times, and I figured that since I'm about to spend so much money on a Buckaroo custom, I might as well go for a HatPeople semi-custom at the same time lol. Seriously, I love TFL and the wealth of available information :D!

Johnston & Murphy huh ? Those are some nice expensive boots :) Wore their cap toe oxfords when I used to wear suits at work years ago. :) I wear Justin Ropers with my kahkis now days. :) Just as comfortable, but not as expensive. ( it's nice to live 15 miles from the factory outlet store :) )

Neophyte

Johnston & Murphy huh ? Those are some nice expensive boots :) Wore their cap toe oxfords when I used to wear suits at work years ago. :) I wear Justin Ropers with my kahkis now days. :) Just as comfortable, but not as expensive. ( it's nice to live 15 miles from the factory outlet store :) )

I believe I got the Ridgemont Plain Toe (felt great, looked great, and they're waterproof), usually priced at $150+ but on sale over New Years for $100...at that price the caps were more expensive than the boots, even with the price reduction lol! The HatPeople cap is nearly one-third the price, but the sizing is more accurate, and I believe the materials might be better :).

Here's the cap I almost bought.

Last edited:

RockyNomad

Familiar Face

Neophyte,

I've been on the verge of pulling the trigger on that exact hat since Christmas. It will be my first newsboy. Please post some pics when it arrives.

Lloyd

A-List Customer

I just got one of the green herringbone caps. It's warm but a good wind goes right through it. I'm about to order one their black heather caps, which they say is the heaviest wool they have, but I still think a felt hat will be warmer

Neophyte

monbla256 said:

Hat People are fairly warm but not winter caps. I can feel a strong breeze through them.

I just got one of the green herringbone caps. It's warm but a good wind goes right through it. I'm about to order one their black heather caps, which they say is the heaviest wool they have, but I still think a felt hat will be warmer

Well, we'll see when it gets here. If all else fails, Monbla brought up a good point...a cap is going to fit under a hood a LOT better than a fedora lol.

It is also something to consider that I'm describing a winter in Eastern Tennessee...I'd be surprised if we even get down past zero degress. Another thing I considered is how the wind flows right up through the gaps between my head and the sweatband in my felt hats. According to HatPeople, their caps contain an elastic "cinch" to tighten up those little gaps.

Thanks all for your help.

Last edited:

Neophyte

Neophyte,

I've been on the verge of pulling the trigger on that exact hat since Christmas. It will be my first newsboy. Please post some pics when it arrives.

Rocky, I will be sure to do that. Good luck to you, sir!

That cap looks awesome, PoohBang! I was considering the extra full cut myself, but as I am a complete neophyte (;)) when it comes to caps, I remained conservative. Yours looks great with the jacket and the jeans!

PoohBang

Suspended
thanks, It's my first extra full cut. I have full cuts on my other two from HP and wear them all the time. The extra full is really extra full... But with the right outfit it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass