Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

univibe88

One Too Many
I have a question about Hat People's hats, what kind of sweatband do the put on the inside?

DSC_0387.jpg

Derek WC

Banned
Is that grosgrain? I have scoured the web site, and have not found it.

Also does anybody have the Herringbone brown and black? It says that it does not have a snap, does it stay in place very well?

Last edited:

Torpedo

One Too Many
HP caps do, indeed, come without snaps. This is no problem at all for the crown to stay in place; and, if you like to tilt them, you have no unsigthly snaps appearing. No stiffener inside the bill, neither; but you can shape them quite well, and they can be rolled up very well.

univibe88

One Too Many
That is grosgrain. They are great people (pun intended.) I am sure they would be happy to reply to an email if we can't answer your questions. I believe the brown and black herringbone is new. So it might be tough to find someone here who has it.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That cap is wild, Torpedo!

I'm very excited, as I've just been notified that my very first cap, from Hat People, will be sent out in the mail tomorrow!

Neophyte

awesome. I love a new cap... what did you get?

Well, with my pale complexion and love of earthtones, I decided on the Herringbone (green, brown and black) in the full cut. It's the one smack dab in the middle of the page of their catalogue. :)

Don't forget pics!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I haven't forgotten :). This will be my first cap, and I'd be glad to share it as well as hear the thoughts of my fellow Loungers, as I know nothing at all about caps (I decided on the name Neophyte for a reason lol).

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
That cap is wild, Torpedo!

I'm very excited, as I've just been notified that my very first cap, from Hat People, will be sent out in the mail tomorrow!

Neo,
Youv'e beeen buying hats like a sailor buys drinks at a bar after coming ashore from 6 mo's at sea !! :) I think you'll find that cap far more practical on campus and it will become your "go-to" hat for class :)

Neophyte

Neo,
Youv'e beeen buying hats like a sailor buys drinks at a bar after coming ashore from 6 mo's at sea !! :) I think you'll find that cap far more practical on campus and it will become your "go-to" hat for class :)

lol I couldn't take it anymore! Since I started wearing hats in June 2010 I've averaged about one new hat a month. Then, I stopped purchasing anything after the Lightning Ridge (or BGCD, whichever came last) in late October...all that pent-up headwear desire burst out of me once I was at Buckaroo Hatters this past weekend. Two Buckaroo hats and a Hat People cap almost simultaneously...it feels good :D!

I hope that what you say becomes true. My fedoras and westerns are practical everywhere on campus except in the actual classroom, where there is rarely a good place to put them down. :)

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
When i got back from the U of Vietnam in 70, I went back to school and wore a flat Irish Tweed cap all the time. Was GREAT as you could take it off and fold it up and put it in your pack or pocket, and worked out FAR better with a hood on a parka when it got REALLY cold and was GRAET on a bicycle ! :) You'll like it I'm sure :)

Onward thru the Fog :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo