Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
New 8 dart cap in wild 1930's swirly wool tweed and vintage kimono silk liner. 20's grosgrain, vintage snap, blahblahblah. ;)

swirltweed-1.jpg swirltweed-2.jpg swirltweed-3.jpg
swirltweed-4.jpg swirltweed-5.jpg swirltweed-6.jpg

Freakin' killer fabric Keith! The 60s had nothing on the 30s.

RLK those are some cool little caps. I like the way they have the adjustable strap in front.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks, TT! I just wore it out to a friend's exhibition, and got several remarks about it. Do you guys who wear caps find people commenting? I rarely do. I'd probably get more comments if I was hatless, as I'm always in one.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I have had a few comments. A few months back i was walking past a pub in a Cordova cap and heard a young bloke say to his mate: 'That's what i call a flat-cap". i took that as a compliment. Most of the time the only comment i get is from my children: "You look like a farmer."

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great scans of the cap catalog Robert thanks for posting

Keith great work & fabrics used in your latest cap..

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
That's fascinating, Robert - thanks for those. I don't see many cap advertisments from the '30's, and even less from the '40's.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
1929. This photographer, shooting the Tour-de-France riders, used this cap as a prop, I'm assuming, unless it was TdF gear that they all wore... In either case, this has to be my favorite cap I've ever seen. The proportions, the killer glen plaid, the way the darts round upwards, the way it doesn't drape but holds its form - it's perfect to me. It's also a bloody convincing case for wearing the brim DEAD flat. It really gives the cap a jut that feels right on these guys. I think I'll go on an unbending spree through my caps.

I've stuck in the last two which are from 1926 - these two are sharing another great cap, but both have more of a tough-guy vibe...

tour-de-france-18-3.jpg tour-de-france-15-3.jpg tour-de-france1929-1-3.jpg
tour-de-france-24-3.jpg tour-de-france-23-3.jpg tour-de-france-21-3.jpg
tour-de-france-16-3.jpg tour-de-france-12-3.jpg tour-de-france-20-3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL