Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn
Lookin good
Mas pics please
That is a teaser pic
Thanks Seabass. Here you go:

IMG_9106_zpsc1673fb3.jpg

IMG_9125_zpsb3e3a3a1.jpg

IMG_9108_zps63dc7e28.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike, I'm not seeing it on his Facebook page...did you see it in his shop?

Yes, and it will be worth your wait, the finish is spectacular. Like I said, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. I think Bob is waiting for supplies to finish his hat boxes so don't look for the mailman. Sure Bob will let you know when it ships.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Yes, and it will be worth your wait, the finish is spectacular. Like I said, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. I think Bob is waiting for supplies to finish his hat boxes so don't look for the mailman. Sure Bob will let you know when it ships.

No problem, Mike, he actually did mail it, but the post office is taking forever to deliver it. He checked the tracking, and said it should arrive today. It's been a LONG wait, I'm glad it's almost over. He does fantastic work.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Very cool Keith. You need to make your friend a cap to keep the locks in place. Proper MG too. Glad it's boot down weather somewhere.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I think you guys will know more about flat caps than anyone else on FL. Looking back at the history of these caps we wear, and looking at historical pictures of guys wearing them (say for instance, those pics of the workers building the Empire State Building), what percentage of those caps (at a guess) had leather sweatbands? Were they rare, or were they so common that it'd be odd for them to not have a leather sweat?

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I'll pitch in first here and say that I would estimate that more than half had full leather sweat, and a smaller proportion had half- sweats, or just leather in front to deal with forehead sweat. The difference was price point. Full leather cost more, so the cheaper models didn't have it.

Keith Lo Bue.
Jeweler, Artisan, Stuffsmith.
http://lobue-art.com
http://keithlobue.com

Simonds

Vendor
Good question, would be interesting to know if only the ones with leather survived this long because nobody used/bought them and the popular ones back in the day where equipped with cotton sweat bands and simply wore out.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Picked up a GREAT cap from Johnny last week:

image.jpg

This lovely wool has a solid weight to it, and the texture is just awesome. It is really the cap I've been looking for for years. Way to go, J!

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart