Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
tumblr_n4fhvtd0Lj1r5o7w5o1_500.jpg

Vecona Vintage summer cap made of cotton/linen/viscose blend. It has a leather sweatband and viscose lining.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Am I correct in assuming it is (was) intended to be a chin strap to keep the cap on the wearer's head on windy days, and that it was buckled across the top of the cap when not in use?

it probably has its origin in the Edwardian motoring caps that had flaps which fastened under the chin, but could be fastened on top when not in use.
i agree with Johnny though, that this one appears to be fashion rather than practicality, rather like the way the Norfolk jacket inspired many fashion versions which had nothing to do with shooting.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
After having made a few dozen caps, I still come back to my first one - it gets more wear than almost every other. Not the best technically by far, but the look is just right for me. Fabric, design and comfort bring me back to it.

laronde-first-1.jpg laronde-first-2.jpg laronde-first-3.jpg

I've just bought another one just like this. British again, but this time from the 1930s instead of the 50s, and civilian instead of this War Department example. Slightly different in construction and different but equally fantastic black fabric. It also has a non-functional front belt with buttons at the temples. Pics to come.

wd1953cap1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk