Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
LOL! 1mach1, when I've made another few of this one and can get my production time down under four days ( think I'm joking?!), I will work out how much I can sell them for. Thank you for asking, and others for private messages!

Another one that's far too large for me. This G. A. Dunn & Co cap is size 60, and probably dates to the 1930s. I'll be selling this soon, should anyone in that size be interested.

dunnhoundstoothcap1.jpg

dunnhoundstoothcap2.jpg

dunnhoundstoothcap3.jpg

dunnhoundstoothcap4.jpg

dunnhoundstoothcap5.jpg

dunnhoundstoothcap6.jpg

dunnhoundstoothcap7.jpg

It does, yes, from what I remember of that suit. It's pretty standard (prob the most common) British construction of the day. Another one I sold to Marc, made in UK for an American dept store - I forget which ([EDIT] it was Saks) - was the same.

[ANOTHER EDIT] Yes the sweatband is leather, with Real Roan Leather embossed.

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I'd like to extend the invitation, for those who just can't get enough, to join me in a new 'closed' cap group on Facebook called 'Cap Department'. It's been up for a few days and has been a blast so far. Viva la bunnet!
cap-department.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I want to make clear that the Cap Department is not a replacement for this here fine and dandy forum. I love this place and I'm sure it will have a long and healthy life. I just have lots of contacts on Facebook that aren't part of the lounge, and I know there's crossover between the two. The more the merrier, I say!

Keith Lo Bue.
Jeweler, Artisan, Stuffsmith.
http://lobue-art.com
http://keithlobue.com

Having an outlet where people can gather and share their fondness for something that is a positive influence in their lives (and will hopefully influence the lives of others in a positive way) is a good thing. The more the merrier? You bet! Spread the word! :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo