Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

rlk

I'll Lock Up
J.C.Penney Co. Cotton Cap

P1070837.JPG P1070838.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Robert and Hyena, fantastic caps!!

Herringbone, my green cap is close to the original in all aspects but a few the lack of buckle adjustment in front (I ended the band at the visor), plus I kept the length of the visor but increased the oval where it meets the forehead, as the original is quite flat and shallow which makes the sides of the visor stick out at the temples... My earlier cap, The Bowman, is identical in every dimension to the original.

Poor thing is turning to dust before my eyes. When I pick it up, there's a particle pile in the shape of the cap on the floor. Glad I got the pattern before it disappears altogether. My best guess is that it's from around 1915-18.

the_archer-1-10.jpg

bowman-blue08.jpg

Attachments

• bowman-blue08.jpg
    bowman-blue08.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 121
Hats off to Hyena Stomp AND Johnny J for that killer cap. That plaid fabric is excellent, and it looks great on you - really suits your style.

Nice find RLK

Keith - apparently I missed a little drama around here laat week. I hate to know it, and hope you stick around. I admire your diy style. I have never seen many of these vintage styles that you and the other guys are re-making except in old illustrations. Seeing these styles brought to life is inspiring. I have never, nor ever expect to see stuff like that around where I live.
And that green plaid fabric is the bomb! The newest one looks great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points