Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great Caps here the last few days ....

Robert , great to see you & both caps are really time capsule finds , the Pennys cap the interior was just as fantastic as the exterior

Hyena Stomp, good to see the whole package your Johnny J cap & outfit great presentation, love the shirt !

Keith,
You are a Contributor to this forum
your original, a Oldie but Goodie as it served well in your study for the pattern for your 2nd mean green Archer Kap just amazing work.
your Artistic instinct plus your vintage fabrics & hardware put it all together excellently ...
Say I caught this
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?23684-The-Cap-Faction&p=1794278&viewfull=1#post1794278
has this been restored ? as I missed this.... Ok Killer set of Kaps !
your new Zephyr & I remember your other Zephyr gotta find that link.....
Hey Now I like !! this is what I need when I get my 37 Lincoln Zephyr coupe running.... very streamlined.
Keep them Kaps coming Keith......K intentionally replaces C

Ok HBK more pics of that cap Eagon Schiele is sporting if any more exist

Great Caps everyone:cool:
Moco & I Salute you All.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3B23%3Dot%3E283%3A%3D53%3B%3D4%3B6%3D374953%3B3%3C534%3Bnu0mrj

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Robert - knockout cap, seriously! I also love the Montgomery Ward logo - any way you could post a close up of that? It does look like the sweat is wider in back. Cool find!

Dale and Che, thank you both, boys, for your encouraging words. Means a lot. I don't know that I'd have been so adventurous with my cap exploits if it weren't for your supportive remarks.

Che, yes, that older post was the one that began this drama, and scotrace mentioned that it was restored, but I didn't bother looking. The cap I made for myself hasn't come off my dome for the last week, looks like I've got a new favorite. Hope my dad digs his.

Can't speak for anyone else but down here it has gotten much to warm for tweed or wool headgear. I am on the lookout for something summer-ish though.
Besides the ol' Kangol tropicool, that is.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

job

One Too Many
Not much going on at Facebook. I even quit wearing linen caps on some days. I shave my head so the material sets right on my sweaty head and I don't want to stain them.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Dang! Didn't think about that. Maybe I need to be looking for something cotton that I can throw in the washing machine. Alabama summers can get pretty rough on hats and caps.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
what's happening? where is everybody? Not on Facebook I hope.

Compared to this thread there is lot of traffic on the facebook page. People post pictures of caps daily, vintage and new. Yes, I KNOW that Zuckerberg is no better but there are less restrictions. Since the FL failed to understand that the capmakers are also the main contributors... You get the idea. Content is value.

I posted a few cap pics on Tumblr too the last few days.
http://goldenerasuits.tumblr.com/

tumblr_n5kv2iAc5I1r5rhsmo1_1280.jpg

DamianM

Vendor
Compared to this thread there is lot of traffic on the facebook page. People post pictures of caps daily, vintage and new. Yes, I KNOW that Zuckerberg is no better but there are less restrictions. Since the FL failed to understand that the capmakers are also the main contributors... You get the idea. Content is value.

I posted a few cap pics on Tumblr too the last few days.
http://goldenerasuits.tumblr.com/

tumblr_n5kv2iAc5I1r5rhsmo1_1280.jpg

It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just have been dealing with my wife's illness and working 12 hour days.
Best wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery.

It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die
A damn shame. It spawned many good things

I can understand people who refuse to join fb though. For me it doesn't matter. It's just a platform and interchangeable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points