Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

GregNYC

One Too Many
Here's one that I haven't yet worn. Stetson tweed Hatteras. In between period and skinny-modern... Good quality, but a grosgrain sweatband, totally not leather.

f0e37f55e473ffd1f516a9c73ff62987.jpg

598424755d51f3734f21b6b5834ea149.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
To me modern in the more round crown to the cap. As we call it the mushroom look of the cap. Most modern caps go towards this look. Problem is it does look good on the vast majority of men. It gives the face a round look that accentuates any features in the face of the wearer that would make one look pudgy. Which is not a look that most of us want. The flat 8 dart and 8 panel caps do not cause this look an therefore most prefer that style cap now that we have great cap makers like Johnny , Barry,Monsivais and others to fill our needs.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone! Ed, that is a good point. I never thought about the crown shape and its effect on the perceived shape of the face like that, but it makes sense!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
A bit late but nice additions Richard and Greg. I'm struggling with an obsolete and POS laptop due to circumstance and struggling with it to keep up on the Lounge.

GregNYC

One Too Many
I have something for a bit later this eve.....

I didn't get to it till today. One of the best caps I've seen "retail." I like it a lot better than the Hanna "Gatsby." More brim, more quality. This is the "Tully" by Jonathan Richards. Irish tweed, made in the emerald isle. Not crazy about the large button. But it's livable......

tulley-side-fb.jpg

tully-front-fb.jpg

Last edited:

CJBianco

New in Town
Hi, guys. Do any of you know what's happened to Bencraft Hatters? Have they gone out of business?

I ordered a tweed Wigens newsboy a few weeks ago, and the package arrived with the wrong model newsboy. I called and spoke with "Robert" about the mix-up, and he told me to return it for a credit to my card. I returned it almost three weeks ago, but I haven't seen a credit to my debitcard. My reply email bounces back as undeliverable (even though the order confirmation email says to call or "reply to this email"), and nobody answers the phones at any of the three stores I've been calling for the last week. Should I accept that I'm out $80 by Bencraft?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Christopher

GregNYC

One Too Many
Don't know about the state of the business, but last week was the Jewish holiday of Sukkot. They might have been out. Have you tried calling this week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CJBianco

New in Town
Thanks for the reply. Problem solved. =)

No one answered the main number again this morning, and I tried the email again and it bounced back as usual. However, the second store answered the phone after a while. Robert told me that the last few weeks were very busy because of the Jewish holiday, and that he'll be issuing my credit today.

What a relief! Not so much for the money (I've lost money before, and I'll lose it again someday), but for Bencraft to still be in business. I was pretty worried there for a few weeks. Bencraft has great caps at great prices. I'd hate to lose them. =)

Sorry for the scare people. =)

Regrads,
Christopher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo