Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Thanks, Johnny. I found some basic tan lining material at the fabric store and am going to give it a try. Though it's not as ribbed as the original, it's breathable and should allow me to sew a thin piece of batting on top, similar to the original. Fingers crossed.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Well, we'll see.

I can operate a thread injector well enough to run a straight line, and have created many camping hammocks and accessories with ripstop and silnylon. HOWEVER, this project will require the creation of a more three dimensional product. Not sure how well I'll fare, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks everyone. I have been looking at this one for a couple of years and was talked out of it by Che. It is made of a WW2 French Linen that was used to wrap fresh bread I was told. I hope to own most of MF Caps some day. He still has a few left.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
The new and improved Argonne cap!
1920s style four panel, eight dart flat cap. Vintage charcoal stripe wool, 1950's Japanese kimono silk liner, Australian leather sweatband and visor, rare brass Untied Carr snap. This one was commissioned, but I'll have another for sale on TWDH soon.

new-argonne-charcoal1.jpg

new-argonne-charcoal7.jpg

new-argonne-charcoal2.jpg

new-argonne-charcoal3.jpg

welldressed-leatherstamp.jpg

new-argonne-charcoal5.jpg

new-argonne-charcoal6.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Summer caps! May I ask for your help? This will be my first hatred summer. So I would like some ideas for summer caps. Can you post one that you like, or own? Or if you are a maker, a summer cap that you have made?

Here's one that Damian made for me for my Hawaii trip (white linen) and a lightweight one from Paul Stuart (feels like suiting-weight cotton.

Please post some more!!

18408617bddcef7b61e5157830b7eb44.jpg

49d5f31e8ef0c768e26aa03fff5f8106.jpg

fc59922e26b3dabfe7a392765a66d789.jpg

6f2795242b7cfa062dc3cc45b82a4caf.jpg

--Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy