Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you folks! Most appreciated. :) The beard used to be a lot grander, almost on the order of Jimmy Niggles. Now, it has more of a continental traveler look an plays off well with the caps.

I have a few others that I have recently purchased that I will post in the near future. An 8 panel newsboy from Hanna Hats. Dig on it. It is very similar to one worn by Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders. Found another in Ireland made by The Hat Man of Ireland. Lots of drape in a brown herringbone tweed. Also just ordered a grey herringbone tweed Hanna Hats touring cap. Should be here Wednesday.

Cheers!

Dan

DamianM

Vendor
The Sunburst - A one piece Pleated back cap

pfront.jpg

pleat2.jpg

pleat1.jpg

Attachments

• pleat1.jpg
    pleat1.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 244

Metatron

One Too Many
vintage cap experts: opinions sought!

Like the caps, Daniel, especially the linen one. Nice contrast with the leather visor.

Chaps,
I would like to humbly ask for your creative input on a project I have lined up.

Sterkowski have generously offered to make me a custom cap.
I don't want to have them attempt a pattern they aren't familiar with, so I am using my flannel cap by them as a base:

It has vintage specs, having a diameter of roughly 11 inches. The crown lines up with the peak which is about two inches long.

I would like my next cap to have that slightly extended peak look, in the 1930s style, like such:

Bearing in mind the measurements-Is it as simple as asking for a longer peak, snapped to the crown? or does the crown need to be smaller instead?
Cheers!

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Sweet, Greg / Johhny!

Metatron - cool that Sterkowski will custom-make for you! I like that company even more now.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Metatron - you might have opened up the floodgates for Sterkowski now! I was wondering about approaching someone with my own fabric......

JerseyDevil

New in Town
Cheers from Monmouth County, NJ! Enjoying a Belgian with my long peaked Donegal tweed from City Sports tonight. It feels like the cap wearing season is on the horizon, especially with the ocean breeze.

IMG_4687.jpg
IMG_4685.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I've just made my first bow tie to match one of my caps. It's the same 1940s Japanese silk crêpe kimono cloth I used for the liner. I like that the match is hidden until you remove your cap, but the colors match cap-to-bow when wearing in the same pleasing way. I'll be doing more of this!

bowtie-salmon-kimono-5.jpg

bowtie-salmon-kimono-1.jpg

bowtie-salmon-kimono-2.jpg

bowtie-salmon-kimono-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner