Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

GregNYC

One Too Many
James Dean, like Sinatra and McQueen, had the knack of making anything look good!

Today, an unlined summer linen 8-dart cap from Johnny.

e7d237d376e93dc28da5287655b8e79e.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Looking sharp greg, looking sharp.:eusa_clap

So, the HBT came in today. Placed it all together... To paraphrase The Dude, It is all tied together. Sending off tomorrow. :D

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Huzzah!! Found the article/forum that was discussing the A1 & A2 Mechanics caps. Wish there was more.
http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/248594-pre-war-mechanics-cap/
From Vintage Flying Headgear, Mick Prodger, 1995, Pg 167
the first is an A-1 that has ear flaps that can be stowed inside the cap...and the second is an A-2 "newsboy" style, in what appears to be HBT.
Hope it helps...
John

index.php
index.php

This is part of the inspiration for my project. Have not been able to find any references anywhere else for those caps. They must be that obscure. Would be fantastic to recreate both for a pre WWII aviation impression.

Cheers!

Dan

Last edited:
What I like, about flatcaps, is, that you can easily scratch your head, on tour, without taking the cap off.

Now, in Germany, there is very cold autumn-wind, so taking off the cap isn't that good.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Harv, thanks! I find my myself wearing caps a lot these days a lot. I love the WAYWT thread too! But it seems it's really more for fedoras and hats with brims!

But I gave it another try! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner