Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My newest HatPeople cap came in. A very heavy material (heather?) in a dark color, perfect for when the temperature starts to go down in the coming fall and winter.

HatPeopleHeatherCap2.jpg

HatPeopleHeatherCap3.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is what I hope to be the case. While I love my brimmed lids, they sit too high on my head, leaving more of my head exposed, and are too prone to dislodging when facing the strong winter winds prevalent on my campus. This cap, I hope, will be the answer to that problem. :)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
That is what I hope to be the case. While I love my brimmed lids, they sit too high on my head, leaving more of my head exposed, and are too prone to dislodging when facing the strong winter winds prevalent on my campus. This cap, I hope, will be the answer to that problem. :)
And you'll find it easier to store when you take it off inside :) They fold up nicely and fit in coat pockets and backpacks well also !

Woodfluter

Practically Family
My newest HatPeople cap came in. A very heavy material (heather?) in a dark color, perfect for when the temperature starts to go down in the coming fall and winter.

HatPeopleHeatherCap2.jpg

Yep, have that hat and it is warmer, but wool is funny stuff...not oppressively hot in warm (as opposed to hot and damp) weather. It also is tightly woven and sheds rain, part of why I wanted it. Good choice. One of my favorite flat caps.

- Bill

I feel your pain, Alan. You'll get the right one sooner than later. These caps seem to be popping up on eBay more and more.

Thanks... hopefully the winner will be a lounger and we'll get to see some additional pictures. The gray leather sweatband sounded like a good clue to an old hat.

YETI

A-List Customer
I feel your pain, Alan. You'll get the right one sooner than later. These caps seem to be popping up on eBay more and more.
How the heck do you find these rarities? When I type in the search I get a minutia of modern caps that aren't vintage. Also, how come the Japanese and other designers of vintage repros can make great products like denim, alohas, and workwear, but not replicate a simple 1920s 30s style 8 panel "gatsby" cap?
or maybe it isn't that simple?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy