Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Will take a picture of the liner later today.
Randal posted a picture of his liner earlier that is the same. Mine is around the 70's cap.
web.jpg

I took the picture this morning before leaving for work.:)
As you can see it is pretty easy to tell this is a late 60's early 70's cap.:)

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got these two Retro Sports today from Seabass, El Che.

Img_120227131608.jpg
I think your pics convinced me that I need one of the Retro Sport Caps too. They are in europe so no high shipping and taxes. I will order one soon...just have to decide. Thanks for the tip on sizing too.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WoW Nice vintage caps you guys !
Its Malrov Madness TWH,...Great fabric on the Borso chepstow,M C the Block is cool hey you have the nice Malrov's, RLK killer cap looks good for hot weather........
The French ebay seller notified me today new Retro Sport caps soon with leather sweats & the button band with a more 30's look.
I sent her this F L link & she's watching & might be a good alternative to Mr Freedom since there not intrested in our needs,,, but you cant beat that vintage fabric,,,,
geez where do you guys find these vintage caps i get no luck on the bay.....
seems MAlrov is the Nutria of caps.
man that MF BIN is my size... but i tried it on at there store & im not a blue guy......

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Che, thanks for the update on the Retro Sport caps and your hard work for convincing them to go with leather sweats and with more of a 30s look. Their gonna look real sweet! Cant wait to order one.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J Thanks to you ! you requested leather to her also.
just how soon is soon,,,, well the sooner the better i hope.
she sounds sincere in her message
She mentioned, in old tailoring materials a deluxe model cap with leather sweat & the buttoned link on the visor maybe a little more expensive soon.
but she is new to ebay so be patient......

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Seabass Patient you know how we are here on the Fedora Lounge no one is patient when it comes to getting a new lid.
Johnny I added a picture to my post yesterday with my Malrov logo the liner is just black fabric.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This vintage 1930s British flat cap personally belonged to James Oviatt, the co-founder of "Alexander & Oviatt" / "Oviatt's", Los Angeles's most exclusive haberdashery in the Golden Era. As you can see by its wear, the hat was well-loved by Mr. Oviatt! At the end of his long life, James Oviatt gave it his son's best friend, Alan Kroll.

This cap was made in England by 'Ayres and Smith': Oviatt's store was the first West Coast retailer to carry the brand, back in 1912.

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav