Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
So my first summer linen cap is here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96003072/schiebermutze-aus-traditionell-gewebtem?ref=ss_listing
I would say it´s more a workers kind of cap (natural linen/ blue and white striped lining).
I´ve found some nice buckles for aditional buckled back like I´ve done it in St. Valentine´s cap... still needs to be pictured.
I´m thinking of adding two more colours for those linen caps... maybe steel blue and off white/ cream.
Or maybe some of you have other suggestions/ thoughts for colours???

Niiice I think I'm going to order soon !!! :D

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys!
Frank: It´s this typic natural/ undiyed linen colour... something between light grey and beige... I would call it more beige.
Well it´s my 2nd apprenticeship... and this time it´s something I really want to do :D
As part of the education I´m going to the Hamburg State Opera for a few weeks... not bad eh? ;)

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Thank you Bela! It looked kind of blue/greyish on my monitor. I am still waiting for two Ebay bargain buys to arrive and then will make up my mind.
It is so enviable when you can make a living with the work you love. Hamburg State Opera, eh? Not too far from here...

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Thank you Bela! It looked kind of blue/greyish on my monitor. I am still waiting for two Ebay bargain buys to arrive and then will make up my mind.
It is so enviable when you can make a living with the work you love. Hamburg State Opera, eh? Not too far from here...

Well I have to see if I can make a living with it... and Lübeck isn´t that far either e. g. to get som bespoke stuff ;)

Razzman

One Too Many
A Stetson 8 panel cap from 1970. An old cap of mine, I just recently found packed away. It's soiled on the interior, I may try to clean it up. I got a lot of wear out of this cap at the time. A nice wool cap, grey & brown with flecks of yellow and orange

DSC01864.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC01865.jpg
[/IMG]

Razzman

One Too Many
As constructed, it looks like it should be easy to clean ... :)

@Tealseal: thanks I will wear it again.

@Zetwal: how would you suggest I go about cleaning it? I was thinking of just using soap & water or dry cleaning fluid out of a bottle? I'm not sure If I should submerge the cap in water?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Zetwal: how would you suggest I go about cleaning it? I was thinking of just using soap & water or dry cleaning fluid out of a bottle? I'm not sure If I should submerge the cap in water?

Personally, I would use lukewarm water and a gentle soap (such as Woolite). That done, I would air dry on a warm day in the shade.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
@Bela: That sound´s promising! Lübeck isn´t too far to buy bespoke clothes or caps, so keep them coming. :eusa_clap

@Razzman: I would use cold water to wash the cap. Would be too bad if it doesn´t fit anymore after washing. Zetwal suggestion of Woolite is good too.

tealseal

A-List Customer
@Razzman: this advice is free, not even worth $0.02 since I've never washed a wool cap or hat, but my mother always said to use cold water on wool to avoid shrinkage (sweaters, usually in my case).

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks gentlemen, sound advise from all. I know the Hat People hats have a tag indicating to hand wash in cold water and drip dry! I'll give it try someday soon. I've really got the bug for one of Hepville's hats. I just can't make up my mind. I guess I'll wait and see what other linen colors he has, although I prefer the wool caps for winter. I have two linen caps, in beige and navy, one from B!Wear and the other from Hat People. [/SIZE]

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Wigens Gatsby. One of the few Wigens with a cotton lining so a good weight cap for autumn. Beige is actually a very good colour in a cap, as it is as good, if not better than grey for going with anything you wear - goes particularly well with navy and black I reckon. www.hepcat.se from whom I ordered the cap are very good - I made a mistake with the size and contacted them and they responded straight away, at 7:30am their time, and said that it would be no worries and they would change the size for me. Postage also very good, packed in box, and registered for $12, from Sweden to Australia, is pretty incredible.

389606_10150642563952957_734412956_9272653_390049996_n.jpg

I also saw these for sale on Bahles in Michigan for $45, but they must have sold fast at that money.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Nice shape and color ... :yo:

The cap has a flatter look to it with the three snaps done up - lifts the brim higher up on the forehead and gives an over-all trimmer but perhaps more structured look. I thought at first the snaps were unsightly, but decided that it was a good sort of ugly, and I prefer the shape and fit of the cap with the two side ones undone. I am rather incorrect in the way I wear newsboys - I like them well down on my head... probably more of a lower class, folk style look.

Last edited:

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Good looking cap, I like the beige color. It suits you well!

Thanks. I wear my oatmeal, linen hp cap a great deal - it is fairly wrinkled and creased, but it is comfy, cool and the colour works for me. Never planned to be a beige guy, but it does seem to suit me. These Wigens Gatsbys would be good with just the one snap.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Jase nice one. Don't like the top of the cap so tight to the brim would do the same if I had the cap. One center snap is enough.
fastening the top of the cap to the brim doesn't let you shape the cap to YOUR way of wearing a cap. I like the drape to one side and don't like caps and make me wear the cap one way and one way only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland