Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

howardeye

Practically Family
I have been intrigued for many years with the cap that Danny Kaye wore in the movie Hans Christian Anderson. I watched this movie a couple of months when it was on again and my lust was kindled again. Can anyone tell me what you would call this cap and if anyone could make one? I have never seen another like this. It resembles a fiddlers cap but the bill is too long and it has a wide ribbon similar to a fedora. These might be 2 different caps. Hard to see

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Bohorad's 8-panel Cap

P1070455.jpg P1070456.jpg

brokepainter

New in Town
Hey splintercellsz do you know what style newhattan hat that is? I need on like it I like the bill it seems to stick out like a baseball cap.

brokepainter

New in Town
I seen one online that I liked. I am looking for a flat hat with a larger brim than the ones I have. I think I might just order me one next payday. Thanks.

brokepainter

New in Town
Oh I was wondering if there are any unspoken rules on tilting your newsboy or flat hat? I have a couple fedoras and I think they always look good cocked to the side, but I don't know if the look is good with the flat hat.

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Oh I was wondering if there are any unspoken rules on tilting your newsboy or flat hat? I have a couple fedoras and I think they always look good cocked to the side, but I don't know if the look is good with the flat hat.

hmmm...didn't know there were rules (spoken or un) to wearin' a hat or a cap.
Ya want that jaunty look ?
Cock It .
Wearer's Preference I'd say

brokepainter

New in Town
So even the ones like a driving cap can be tilted? I don't have a newsboy yet I like the way they look but I don't know about all the fabric on them. I need to go and try them on and see how it looks on me.All I have is the regular driving , ivy, flat caps.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Well, I finally joined the Cap Faction.

I picked up this number for $20 at a retro shop. It looks brand new, however the label states 'Made in West Germany' so should be around 20 years old.

The pattern:

The label:

The cap in action swing dancing:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart