Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
sc-adjustable-cap-1.jpg sc-adjustable-cap-2.jpg sc-adjustable-cap-3.jpg sc-adjustable-cap-4.jpg sc-adjustable-cap-5.jpg sc-adjustable-cap-6.jpg

Congrats Keith!! You've got a nice one there.
Is that an actual functioning buckle under the front?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Congrats Keith!! You've got a nice one there.
Is that an actual functioning buckle under the front?

It is indeed! I just got this one and one other with buckles. Never tried one before. Great thing, you can make it fit perfectly in all weather, etc. Cool!

It is indeed! I just got this one and one other with buckles. Never tried one before. Great thing, you can make it fit perfectly in all weather, etc. Cool!

Excellent! It's the little details that sometimes make the difference. Nice fabric too, I forgot to say.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

jhe888

One of the Regulars
Stuffsmith, you often mention increasing the size of some of your vintage finds. Do you take them partially apart and resew them, or are you able to stretch them without deconstructing them? Thanks.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey MrSpiffy, welcome! Nice cap there! I've often thought of getting a leather one but hadn't seen the right kind. Where did you pick that up?

MoK, jhe: Re: resizing - I use a very carefully worked out stretching system that's safe for the caps. I only do it with caps that don't have full leather bands. As you see from that last pic, there are clamps to keep the peak in good form or fix old deformities. They are blocked when applicable as well.

Keith Lo Bue.
Jeweler, Artisan, Stuffsmith.
http://lobue-art.com
http://keithlobue.com

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy