Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Continuing Perils of Fedora Wearing. . .

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Just a humourous episode to brighten your day. . .
Its been raining pretty heavily where I live, so I've been wearing an old Indy jacket and a fedora pretty much every day for the last two weeks. I also have been using a very old flat fender Jeep as my daily driver because it seems immune to wet weather. Given my dress and mode of transportation, I wouldn't be too shocked to get the "Hey, Indiana Jones", type of heckling, but everyone I've met has been very complimentary of both my choice of clothing and car.
So far so good, until today when I stopped to get gas and three teenage guys shouted "Hey, Walker Texas Ranger!" and burst out laughing!

So, I guess hat culture, at least in my neck of the woods, truly is dead when people can't tell a fedora from a cowboy hat!

JeffW

Familiar Face
Now that's funny. I often got to lunch with a Texas Ranger and I always wear my Fedora. Often I am in black suit, white shirt and white tie. We often comment at the looks the two of us recieve. I usually tell people that "I am in the witness protection program" and that always gets a laugh. One of the attorneys I work with always tells me that I "am so not Texas". But the look works, what can I say.

We recently finished a huge case and when we walked in to talk to one guy, he looked at both of us and gave it up. Full confession, now thats what I am talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails