Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I changed out the bow on my Stagecoach for this one I just finished. I've seen this style bow on US military Campaign hats from the 1890s...

RS_04.jpg

RS_05.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Great, Terry! I've seen it called a "Gambler's Bow" or "Pointy OR-Bow". You need a camera with fast shutter speed to capture all the different bows, you're producing. Keep up the good work ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
RJR, Ole, John Galt, Joao, Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Ole, I never knew what the bow was called. I remember seeing that design on 1890s era US military Campaign Hats. I do like that "Gambler's Bow" pretty well. I'm probably going to use it again on my next hat project. Speaking of which, here's my other Stagecoach that I'm working on. I already changed out the crease to a Center Dent and I removed the original hat band to be replaced. I need to find a "Silverbelly / Natural" colored mid-ribbon, same color as the hat, somewhere. I'm going to use the same bow design that I used on the brown Stagecoach....

Resistol_Silver_02.jpg

Resistol_Silver_03.jpg

Resistol_Silver_05.jpg

Resistol_Silver_01.jpg

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Alternative approach: Grow a long big hair - grow a big beard - buy some not too small sunglasses - and keep the last few specks of bare facial skin in the shade of a 4"+ brim. Then noone will ever notice, and every hat color goes ;)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Alternative approach: Grow a long big hair - grow a big beard - buy some not too small sunglasses - and keep the last few specks of bare facial skin in the shade of a 4"+ brim. Then noone will ever notice, and every hat color goes ;)

But then I would be Joao. :p

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a small Montecristi that I asked Art to resize and block up to my specs. It turned out exactly how I was hoping that it might. Started off as a size 7 1/8 now is 23 1/4 and brim is 2 3/4 .
I put a Borsalino pug on for now . Art did a great job of it,Thank you Art!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot