Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the input, guys. As suggested, I finally finished it up and went with the 3 ply thin ribbon...my thanks again to DOGMAN for the ribbon.

Texas_Fedora_01.jpg

Texas_Fedora_02.jpg

Texas_Fedora_03.jpg

DOGMAN

One Too Many
Glad you could use it.Here's what I'm working on.A Thoroughbred,3 1/2" brim trimmed to 2 3/4".It has a 6" crown.Someone has replaced the sweatband.The last pics shows a bunch of my trimmed brim rings.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I think I just heard Joao logging in. Better hide those pictures! Can't wait to see the results when you're finished with it.

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Battered Catera? to Three Forks Gun Club

I started with this inexpensive 4X Beaver EBay score:

Before front.jpg Before rear.jpg

It was worse than the EBay pictures with deep creasing and lots of dirt. The dark area at the front pinch was very soft and felt like it could easily tear.

First I cleaned it with a vacuum, damp sponge, hat sponge and brush. Then rehabbed the soft felt on the front pinch and hand blocked everything using steam and various household implements.

After hand blocked.jpg

I cut down the brim to ~ 2 3/8", reshaped it to my liking and viola. . .

After left.jpg After front.jpg
After right.jpg After top.jpg

Sorry about the color balance. It really is the same hat and stayed a medium tan color.

I learned a lot doing this and this forum has been and continues to be a great resource.

Roger

ScaryWoody

New in Town
I just finished converting a used Akubra Down under. I re-bashed it to a more fedora look. My first attempt at ribbon making.

DSC_0049.JPG DSC_0050.JPG DSC_0052.JPG

Attachments

• Akubra_DownUnderSantone.jpg
    Akubra_DownUnderSantone.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 123

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24