Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The "Dad" by Art Fawcett

animator

One of the Regulars
Hi,

I am a new member and this is the first fedora I ordered after a lot of research using this forum.

Since people have been naming hats, I am calling this one the "Dad". I want to start wearing fedoras as a sort of thread to tie my son's childhood memories of me together with something I could pass on to him.

I wanted a hat that was friendly and not too formal since I don't wear suits much. It is a Mojave (I think dress weight) felt hat with a tear drop crease and a navy blue ribbon.

HatFront.jpg

HatSide.jpg

JackHat.jpg

Art was great to deal with and very helpful with my many questions and concerns.

I would also like to thank everyone for all that I have learned here. This forum saved me a lot of grief and money.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Animator,
I hope you continue to take pictures of your son in the "Dad" for years to come. It'll be a nice chronicle for you both.
Another fine creation by Mr. Fawcett and you both wear it well.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. :eusa_clap

Barb

One of the Regulars
You BOTH look great in that lid!

And that's a really nice idea to tie memories with something unique and tangible you can pass along.

animator said:
Hi,

I am a new member and this is the first fedora I ordered after a lot of research using this forum.

Since people have been naming hats, I am calling this one the "Dad". I want to start wearing fedoras as a sort of thread to tie my son's childhood memories of me together with something I could pass on to him.

I wanted a hat that was friendly and not too formal since I don't wear suits much. It is a Mojave (I think dress weight) felt hat with a tear drop crease and a navy blue ribbon.

Art was great to deal with and very helpful with my many questions and concerns.

I would also like to thank everyone for all that I have learned here. This forum saved me a lot of grief and money.

analogist

One of the Regulars
KUDOS

Animator;

Great looking hat, great idea, adorable offspring and hope to hear more from you.

I really miss my Dad and if he were still with us, you betcha he would have one of Art's hats on his head.

analogist

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24