Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Deck Jacket thread.

thatoreoguy

New in Town
Unless you meant your measurements, which if that’s the case, still authentic deck jackets are designed without much taper
yeah those are my measurements so i think the XXl in IH would just be like a tent verse the other more standard sized ones.

thatoreoguy

New in Town
I bought and returned a blue RMC N-1 because a) the way it fit was weird and uncomfortable (very roomy body, but short sleeves) and b) it was not worth the dough I'd spent on it. I got a Buzz Rickson Demotex version instead which is easily its equal, and fits me very well (on the more relxed side, but thats how I like my warm jackets).
where you cop teh demotex ? history preservation. Been trying to find a used Buzz but the sizing subs scared me off.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Unfortunately re looking at IH shoulder measurements i think im boned. 32 inch waist ish and 19 inch shoulders
I’m 6’2” 19.5 shoulders 42” chest, 180lbs. The XL fits me perfectly with plenty of room to layer an IH sweatshirt or UHF.

They also have a cinch cord at the waist;)

thatoreoguy

New in Town
Im in the UK, I got it from a BR stockist over here on their 'black friday' deals. Cool jacket, and stupidly warm
How did you size it compare to your normal size?

Also, if anyone sees any Deck Jackets Buzz rickson or any Deck Jackets with (wool/alpaca lining) on sale for Black Friday. Please ping me

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
I got a 44, which is my normal size, and it fits exactly how i like .
How did you size it compare to your normal size?

Also, if anyone sees any Deck Jackets Buzz rickson or any Deck Jackets with (wool/alpaca lining) on sale for Black Friday. Please ping me

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Quilted sleeves, as opposed to alpaca are more comfortable. D pockets are again more practical and better placed. And fit seems better too. And heavy weight 2 way zipper is great.

Plus an inside pocket. Having both, I would agree: the IH is the ‚better‘ jacket.

Full disclosure: I still prefer the RMC. It’s just that tiny bit more cool.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I got a Freewheelers N1 and fit is great. Stitching is a bit crap but not structurally problematic. Very warm.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I got a Freewheelers N1 and fit is great. Stitching is a bit crap but not structurally problematic. Very warm.

pics please!
Sorry it took this long! See below.

2023-11-24 11.53.50.jpg

I could probably size up to a 40 for a more comfortable fit with layers.

2023-11-24 11.53.55.jpg

2023-11-24 11.54.00.jpg

The alpaca is super soft.

2023-11-24 11.54.03.jpg

Stitching in this area around the sleeves is not neat. Same on the other sleeve.

I can say the materials are really high quality but the construction neatness of this jacket does not match their leather jackets. Structurally it is very sound though.

2023-11-24 11.53.57.jpg

Button holes are not very neat either. I bought this new and it was like this upon delivery.

Other than that, it is a great jacket. I love it.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Saw the new IH deck that’s waxed. Felt like the inside has a deeper pile than their standard offering. Very substantial jacket.
I wonder if that may be overkill? Deck jackets are awfully warm in their usual make-up - I'd be concerned that the waxed version would be "steamy".

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
It was closer but not as substantial as Dehens. Which while cut in the style of a deck jacket is really something else all together. I wear my IH down to about 32f. I think there is plenty of lower temps to support the heavier jackets

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
If you want the best deck jacket in terms of materials and warmth, definitely go with Freewheelers. I've tried one on and an iron heart as well as buzz and rmc. The Freewheelers alpaca felt the nicest. I also own a Freewheelers winter jacket with alpaca lining and it's wonderful.

I also have a friend who has the iron heart and Freewheelers and he says fw is much warmer and just prefers it overall.

The stitching on Freewheelers non-leather jackets is indeed crap for some reason. I always think it's kind of funny given how nicely stitched their leathers are, but it's definitely a consistent thing. No structural issues on my fw winter jacket, but not beautifully stitched at all.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I can confirm the Freewheelers N1 is insanely warm. I have worn it down to -10C with a henley below, no wind, just walking and was super toasty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner