Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge 4.0

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
You're only seeing minor tweaks at this point. What is coming is a major redo, which as of this writing isn't yet visible. I've seen it and like it very much. Easy functionality, and you can quickly change viewing prefs.

Hadley, I'm not sure what you don't like, as they changes haven't dropped yet.

Edward

Bartender
I rather like the new look. The light will appeal to those who want a brighter page; the dark option I find very pleasing, and easier on the eye than the previous style.

Regarding advertising, I'm seeing no more of that than in any previous revision, though if anyone would like to se an ad-free Lounge, they need but step up to the plate and cover the costs of running this place. (It doesn't come free, despite the fact that so many people volunteer a lot of their own time, gratis, to keep it going.)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I noticed the "New Profile Posts" column on the right margin, but everything else seemed the same.
I noticed it too, found it somewhat distracting and liked the older version better. Not a big deal though one way or the other.

I rather like the new look. The light will appeal to those who want a brighter page; the dark option I find very pleasing, and easier on the eye than the previous style.

Regarding advertising, I'm seeing no more of that than in any previous revision, though if anyone would like to se an ad-free Lounge, they need but step up to the plate and cover the costs of running this place. (It doesn't come free, despite the fact that so many people volunteer a lot of their own time, gratis, to keep it going.)

Perhaps we should have an annual pledge drive, like PBS?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I really don't like the white-text-on-black-background. I was using an alternative style available on the previous version that was black-on-white with most other screen items in blue. Any chance of that style coming back?

Edward

Bartender
I really don't like the white-text-on-black-background. I was using an alternative style available on the previous version that was black-on-white with most other screen items in blue. Any chance of that style coming back?

The options being trialled at present are white on a deep coffee colour, and black on off-white. Both much easier on the eye than white on black - I think you'll like them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21