Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge gets a nod

Feraud

Bartender
Here is the quote -
Want to harness your inner Clark Gable or Humphrey Bogart? Then check out the Fedora Lounge, a style forum dedicated to the "Golden Era" of American style; ie 1930s-1940s. You'll find plenty of useful threads on classic shaving and picking out a proper fedora for your brain canister.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
On another note, I read Style Forum sometimes, but I'm a bit put off by some of the overly proud, elitist members there, no offense to those here that are members of that board. I registered, but rarely post.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
On another note, I read Style Forum sometimes, but I'm a bit put off by some of the overly proud, elitist members there, no offense to those here that are members of that board. I registered, but rarely post.
So did I. I can't even remember my g/d screen name now.

I think it was Joseph Campbell who said that men in a group will always, inevitably, adopt a hierarchy and enforce it. The Lounge is one of the few places, online or offline, that's somewhat free of that. That's due in part to good moderating, in part to the presence of women as well as men, but also, I believe, to our unusual eclecticism. We're not just about hats or shaving or niche interest x, y, or z. We educate each other, we synthesize, and we cross-pollinate, with people picking up new interests or reviving old ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL