Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Rider's Jacket

Benj

One of the Regulars
That jacket with the armpit fading is the one of the biggest reasons I would be very weary about buying a Himel.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got one of their Cafe Racers from a few years ago that I love. I got it from a member here that had a horrid main zipper replacement, but it actually doesn't bother me at all with the jacket worn in a little. The half-belt back action back on this one is a work of art!

IMG_0751.jpeg

FHhorsehide10c_zps8fhdkjx7.jpg

Van88

New in Town
I've got one of their Cafe Racers from a few years ago that I love. I got it from a member here that had a horrid main zipper replacement, but it actually doesn't bother me at all with the jacket worn in a little. The half-belt back action back on this one is a work of art!

View attachment 147719

View attachment 147720
wow that looked amazing! is it the flat head jacket? did the leather stretch at all?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes its The Flat Head and no it hasn't stretched at all....they use a very thick Shinki leather, its significantly thicker than the Shinki on my Diamond Dave Buco J-100

Edward

Bartender
I like it rather a lot, though tbh given that there are already several great options for this style of jacket, I can't imagine spending 'Japanese money' on one when I already have an Aero Highwayman, could buy an Original 59er from Aero if I wanted, (and being in London, I could even buy a Lewis Dominator or Corsair either OTR or M2M cheaper as well). Of course, that's subjective. I'm sure some folks will find it worth it for the Shinki alone, and it absolutely is a nice jacket.

Isn't this a reproduction of something? The jacket looks the way it's supposed to look and fits the way it's supposed to fit. And it fits the gentleman in the first photo just right on the money. I wish I could find that thread with the photos of the auto show from the... 40's? 50's, I think it was? Anyway, every male at the show must have been wearing their little sisters jackets as they wore 'em even smaller than the models on these photos above.

We're a broad church here in outerwear. Uniquely in TFL terms, we have a fair number of folks here who aren't really interested in vintage style at all, and so for whom period accuracy to the original jackets is less important than integrating them into a modern wardrobe. This often produces the desire for a longer jacket than would be so for those of us who do prefer everything pre-1962 style in wardrobe, especially given trouser waistband height variance.

I don't really care for the harsh contrast stitching on this jacket. It doesn't seem to jive all that well. Other than that I think it looks good but not quite unique enough to shake me away from other similar styles/established patterns of like design.

I rather like the contrast stitch, but agreed otherwise. The downside for me is that it appears to be a 'teacore' affair too. Personally, when I buy a black jacket I prefer it to remain black, as a rule.

Waay too short. Needs to be 2" longer to at least cover the belt. A pet peeve of mine.

Probably relative. Jeans look fairly low-waisted to me.

View attachment 147719

View attachment 147720

That is nice. I've seen a fair few 1930s jackets very much like this - all German, if memory serves, interstingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo