"The Girls In The Band"

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by Chas, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Chas

Chas One Too Many

I Saw this wonderful documentary and met the film maker Judy Chaikin. Anybody who has a love for jazz and jazz history should make it a priority to see this film. It tells the story of female jazz artists, their troubles and triumphs, their achievements and obstacles. Chaikin has woven a masterful blend of oral and visual history. See this film.

I feel so strongly about this film that I will be buying a copy online and will mail it to anyone in the FL who asks to borrow it on the condition that that person will pass it on to another FL'er to see.

[video=youtube;OYfP2ylrq3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=OYfP2ylrq3A[/video]

Special credit and kudos to Hugh Hefner and others for putting up the dough to finance this film.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. Chas

Chas One Too Many

The sax section of the International Sweethearts of Rhythm. Roz Cron is in the center; she's still around!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  3. davidraphael

davidraphael Practically Family

I'm a big jazz fan and have seen many documentaries about the history of jazz, but I've never seen anything like this: It looks like an incredibly interesting and important documentary