Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era's *ugliest* clothes

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hamilton_Honey said:
elsa3.jpg

Nope, I still like it! :)

The only thing that I don't like in this thread is the 80's Simpsons dress but then if I saw someone actually wearing it I'd probably think that at least it was different from the straightened hair, Ugg boots, jeans brigade! lol lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AllaboutEve said:
Nope, I still like it! :)

Welp, Id have to agree with the OP, I think its pretty tacky.
Remember all, ascetic is an opinion, and just because you may like it, dosent discredit the other person thing its the most horrible thing they have ever seen lol

LD

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Hamilton_Honey said:
Speaking of Elsa Sciapparelli, here she is sporting a most unattractive combination.

elsa3.jpg

I'm thinking perhaps she had to unexpectedly keep a speaking engagement and had just washed her hair at the dormitory in the nearby girl's college and raided closets on her way to the car?

I really think one of her surrealist creations would suit her much better.

It's not so much that the clothes are ugly as they don't suit the person wearing them. The turban makes her long face and head look like an upside-down eggplant. Her ingenue-style dress doesn't go with the world-weary expression (or the turban).

Blondie

Practically Family
The turban makes her long face and head look like an upside-down eggplant. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
Berlin, I said a few pages back that dress was freaking me out - well, I can't stop thinking about it! *Shudder*

This dress is *haunting* me with it's bizzare-ness! Help!

wow that bone dress is super cute :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh god, that 80s dress is going to give me nightmares. This is why I got deep into the 20s and 30s in the 80s - look what they were trying to get us to wear!

Berlin

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
Berlin, I said a few pages back that dress was freaking me out - well, I can't stop thinking about it! *Shudder*

This dress is *haunting* me with it's bizzare-ness! Help!

I totally understand your point. lol
I'm gonna name it "The haunted dress".

@ Miss 1929; Oh I can understand yóur point also! The 1980's áre nightmare-ish!
I think it's the most ugliest era ever (and what came after, oh ánd the 1970s too) haha :eek:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
That ribcage dress is horrible! :eek: It looks like a vacuum sealed cadaver...

These 2 images are from the October 1951 issue of Woman's Day:

I hate this woman's hair.
UglyVintage001.jpg

This maternity outfit is awful - It looks like a shroud!
UglyVintage002.jpg

I've even got the pattern for whomever desires it ;)

Some ladies may disagree, but I think this dress that Marilyn wore [to the 1957 premiere of The Prince the Showgirl] does nothing and then some for her:

MarilynBadDress.jpg

cecil

A-List Customer
C-dot said:
Some ladies may disagree, but I think this dress that Marilyn wore [to the 1957 premiere of The Prince the Showgirl] does nothing and then some for her:

MarilynBadDress.jpg

BLAHHHHHH agreed agreed! Yuk!

miss_elise

Practically Family
C-dot said:

MarilynBadDress.jpg
Looks like what Beyonce wore to some awards show recently (was it the oscars)... terrible!

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
I actually like the blue dress a lot. :eek:

Of course I can't find a picture of the dress I'm thinking of, but there's this awful dress Ginger Rogers wears in Roberta with a ridiculous hat, HUGE ruffled collar and hem, and polka dots. Maybe someone knows the dress I'm thinking of and has a picture? It's the only thing she ever wore in the Fred and Ginger films that I've disliked.

*edit* found it!
robertadress.jpg

I have to admit I actually don't mind this dress if you got rid of the ridiculous ruffles down the bottom. But lets face it Ginger was so gorgeous she would have made a paper bag look good! :)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Monkey fur and suede????

That's disgusting Madame Schiaparelli...........

(i know that some will fall in love with these at first sight :rolleyes: but i can not stomach them, sorry)

1938 abomination
picture-9.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points