Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Golden Era's *ugliest* clothes

In for a penny...

If you're gonna sport the monkey shoes, might as well go for the whole jar of pickles:

gloria-swanson-wearing-monkey-fur.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
:eek: *gulp* :eek:

All this monkey fashion is giving me nightmares. Imagine the hairy shoes on a rainy night, tangled and clotted with mud...*yucky*

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
When I first saw those monkey shoes that photo of Gloria was the first thing that popped into my mind. lol

Monkey fur is beyond ugly -- it is repulsively revolting.

Christy

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I LOVE Lady GaGa. She's a performance artist, as well as a musician. Every video and appearance is like performance art for her.

I agree. I'm always excited to see what she's going to wear. Her outfits are so over the top but they are fun to look at and I think she's the only person that can pull it off. I'd never be caught dead in the things she wears but it works for her.

The shoes Fleur was talking about, McQueenadillos:
tumblr_ks8vliKr6k1qz9sp2o1_500.jpg

They do look like Armadillos in a way. That's the first thing my fiance said when he saw them.

Edited to add a link to more photos of the shoes: http://cocoperez.com/2009-11-11-mcqueenadillos-could-be-yours

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I liked the spine/ribcage dress but my guy says its the most "hideous and terrifying" thing he's ever seen. He also assumed it was a modern design of a designer who found "anorexics to be inadequately emaciated, now they need exoskeletons" but I think he's just grumpy.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Viola said:
I liked the spine/ribcage dress but my guy says its the most "hideous and terrifying" thing he's ever seen. He also assumed it was a modern design of a designer who found "anorexics to be inadequately emaciated, now they need exoskeletons" but I think he's just grumpy.

Maybe he's onto something -- maybe it isn't a dress at all, it's a futuristic exoskeleton battle-suit, for wear in interplanetary combat against the Lobster-Footed People of Zygos. One must always be stylish, after all, even when the fate of the universe hangs in the balance.

Blondie

Practically Family
1938 abomination
picture-9.png

Hmmmmm the question is whether to pin curl them ?
roller set, perm rod set or hot stix them ?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Blondie said:
Hmmmmm the question is whether to pin curl them ?
roller set, perm rod set or hot stix them ?

hehe lol That's what I was thinking!

Christy said:
They do look like Armadillos in a way. That's the first thing my fiance said when he saw them.

Mine said he would shoot me if I wore those... I told him I'd probably shoot myself :rolleyes:

Lady Gaga has her own style, thats for sure. I quite enjoy seeing her outfits, and wondering how she puts them together. I admire her for her creativity.

Big Baby Macoy

New in Town
bizarre and unique doesn't automatically equal art! I mean come on Gaga

Lady Gaga, is extremely talented as an singer/songwriter, dance and fashion dare devil. Also is different from any other plastic pop queen out there. Somehow she has managed to become a rather successful pop artist with an extremely loyal fan base. Whom she appears to be very loyal to which is unreal in these days of fake, one single, ring tone, prepackage pop acts. lame hipster groups (who are to cool to learn how to play instruments) and fake, weak, with a children grasp and command of the english language. But, Lady Gaga pushes it to far..she is no longer wearing edge high fashion, her new look is a combination of 80's prom dresses, sparkles and the odd piece of tacky, loud plastic jewelry. Her image seems far to prepackage. But, I do have to give her credit for having a brain. I saw her speak on several radio shows, pod cast and what passes for music television these days. She is intelligent, articulate, surprisingly sweet and extremely vocal about what she believes in. Undernearth her recycled dance/house music, her lyrics are really quite poetic, deep and more then just a bit scary. BUT HER FASHION SENSE IS INSANE...JUST CASUE YOUR FAMOUS IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT AND THINK ITS CUTE...UGLY IS UGLY NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT...Lady Gage keep singing, keep dancing but please leave the neck braces, bear skin capes (with heads still attached) and 1990's stripper hip boots at home....ONE LOVE
Christy said:
I agree. I'm always excited to see what she's going to wear. Her outfits are so over the top but they are fun to look at and I think she's the only person that can pull it off. I'd never be caught dead in the things she wears but it works for her.

The shoes Fleur was talking about, McQueenadillos:
tumblr_ks8vliKr6k1qz9sp2o1_500.jpg

Edited to add a link to more photos of the shoes: http://cocoperez.com/2009-11-11-mcqueenadillos-could-be-yours

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Big Baby Macoy said:
BUT HER FASHION SENSE IS INSANE...JUST CASUE YOUR FAMOUS IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT AND THINK ITS CUTE...UGLY IS UGLY NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT...Lady Gage keep singing, keep dancing but please leave the neck braces, bear skin capes (with heads still attached) and 1990's stripper hip boots at home...

I don't think shes trying to be "cute" or attractive. She's trying to shock, and get reactions from people.

She's doing a good job ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy