Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Good News Thread

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I visited the University of Lincoln on Thursday, where I will in all likelihood be studying law for the next three years-

I envy you this wonderful opportunity. Wish I was back in law school.
David Melinkoff's The Conscience of A Lawyer; West Publishing, 1973
offers excellent analysis of Regina vs Courvoisier, 1840- defendant right
to legal counsel/defense.
A fine book to cut your scholastic eye-teeth on. All lawyers owe a debt to Charles Phillips.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Ah C-Dot happy birthday.
No Poutine? Isn't that a Canadian dish?
I know, like grits for Southerners. :D
Lobsters and Champagne? Nice DNO!

DNO

One Too Many
Your wife and I have the same birthday :) I had Cosmopolitans and fettucine alfredo for dinner.

We got the lobsters from Bill's Lobsters on Gerrard St East in "East Chinatown"...Highly recommended to a fellow Torontonian! And...a baguette from Brick Street Bakery on Logan...also highly recommended. (Fairly obvious that I'm a lifelong east end guy.)

Happy birthday C-Dot, and thanks to everyone else on behalf of my wife!

Last edited:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Time to bump this thread again.

I recently saw a raise in my paycheck! Since the paperwork was delayed quite a bit due to various things, including the company changing to a different review system twice while my supervisor was trying to get it through, this meant that my raise was retroactive to last October. The catch-up lump sum was nice to have, and in a way a bit better than the small increase each week.

I am very fortunate to have this position as IT jobs in southern Ohio are scarce. It took three years to land a job in IT here after moving here, and I only have it because I reluctantly accepted a position as an adjunct instructor. That put me in the right place at the right time when the IT team from the company that had taken over a local career school needed an IT tech in the area. I'm also extremely fortunate in that the people I support and my supervisors do appreciate me and the work I do and they tell me so. I enjoy my work, even though I hadn't expected that I would go from near the top rung in IT (management) in the USAF to one of the lower-most tiers (field tech doing end-user support) when I retired.

Oh, and the kitten that chose to adopt us is doing very well! My cat has taken on a parental role with her and shows a lot of patience with her as she constantly attacks him throughout the day. :D The other cats aren't quite as nice about it.

So, any other good news out there?

Regards,
Tom

P.S. In a way I'm surprised this thread didn't get locked down as the posts could fall under the heading of "more suitable for a personal blog." I'm glad it didn't; it does give us a way to share good things with those whom we've come to think of as friends without there being a whole bunch of individual threads throughout the Bar. Cheers!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I had some good news today, my Wife purchased some great Porter House steaks on sale for $5.20 a pound. Needless to say, it was B-B-Q time this evening!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24