Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Good Shepard

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I saw the trailer for this movie today. It's about the start of the CIA in the 1950's. Anyone know about? Matt Damon, Joe Pesci, Robert DeNiro. What do you all think?

vintage68

Practically Family
I saw the previews for it last night, when I went to see Flags of Our Fathers. The Good Shepherd DOES look good. With a cast like that (Matt Damon, William Hurt, De Niro, Alec Baldwin, Angelina Jolie) AND deNiro directing too how can you go wrong?

Should be out soon, prolly this year so it can be eligible for the Oscars®.

Regards! Vintage

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
It did appear to be a good film. However, I noticed that the colors in the film are the same hazy, dull as what was in Flags of Our Fathers. It just reminds me of a cold November day.

Doh!

One Too Many
I've seen the trailer a few times now so I really want to see this. Also, Matt Damon's starting to grow on me as an actor (thought he was great in The Departed).

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Angelina Jolie is worth the price of admission.

shepherd1.jpg

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Doh! said:
I've seen the trailer a few times now so I really want to see this. Also, Matt Damon's starting to grow on me as an actor (thought he was great in The Departed).

Me too! I would like to see this. I also like De Niro & Alec Baldwin...

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Starts today. Anyone going to see it?[huh] Time will be pretty short with Christmas, but maybe next weekend for me. I've got to get started on my shopping in about 15 minutes.lol

Grace

Vendor
DH and I might go see it tonight. I'm so sick of seeing previews for stupid why-did-they-bother-making-it-movies, so this was like a breath of fresh air.

If we do end up seeing it tonight, I'll post a review.

There's another one that should be coming out soon....I think with Dicaprio? I forget...

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've seen the trailer several times and it looks intriguing. Plus, with DeNiro and the others, gotta be good. We'll probably see it sometime this weekend.

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
I saw it at eleven o'clock last night and I still haven't gotten over it. Besides the historical nature of it--and really, I can rarely resist seeing the past in motion--the movie itself had me within two minutes. While Mr. Wilson did seem a little wooden at times, it wasn't a flaw but (to me) a natural extension of his personality.

The movie had me guessing as to who was sincere right up to the very end and I enjoyed it a great deal, even if I didn't end up leaving the theatre until 2.00a. I personally gave it an A-. Some things seemed rather disjointed, but overall it was, at it's core, a great story.

L_H

Doh!

One Too Many
I saw it tonight and am on the fence about this one. Without getting too deeply into spoilers, there are no real heros to root for. Matt Damon does an OK job, but he plays it so low key it was almost like watching Mr. Spock for 2.5 hours -- there is damned near ZERO humor to be found.

The chronology of the film jumps around, and I'm not sure it really needed to. Also, they aged Angelina Jolie at least a little bit, but Damon looked the same as a college kid as he did when he was old enough to be a grandfather. I suppose Dinero was trying to say that the character never grew as a person, but it was just odd to me.

Anyway, not a horrible experience but not one I'm likely to repeat, either.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I saw it and I have to agree with Lena; a great film. Yes, it does jump around alot but, the ending is great. The Skull and Bones crowd, oh well. I heard on the radio today from the screenwriter; something Roth, that the portrayal of the Skull and Bones is about 90-95% correct for whatever that means.[huh] Joe Pesci had a small cameo, but did an excellent job. Worth seeing again.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Definitely a movie you have to be pay attention to because conversation goes pretty quick. Or maybe I was just tired that day I saw it? lol. Loved the movie, loved the hats lol, loved the concept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot