Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

anon`

One Too Many
I was going to say that for someone with weak tastebuds, you sure got complicated there. All you needed to do was add some comment about the terroir and a respect for the land and heritage and you would be a wine critic. lol lol
Weak isn't really the right term... unrefined, perhaps? Or not as acute as some out there.

Does the Goschie Farms fit count for terroir reference? I mean, Goldings grown in Oregon taste a whole lot different than Goldings grown in Kent, and it shows (tastes?) in the finished product...

Weak isn't really the right term... unrefined, perhaps? Or not as acute as some out there.

Does the Goschie Farms fit count for terroir reference? I mean, Goldings grown in Oregon taste a whole lot different than Goldings grown in Kent, and it shows (tastes?) in the finished product...

Yes, that fits terroir I guess. lol lol
You need to review it like this:
"Mid golden without great colour intensity. Very savoury and glossy. Immediate polish on the nose here. Raspberries and tar. Great intensity and fluidity. Really this is SO much better than it used to be. Very fine beer by any measure. Bone dry. Minerals and chew on the end but no rustic tannins. Very fine and long. It is admirable that Goschie Farms put so much effort into this beer which, although admittedly it is expensive, could be sold several times over in China whatever it tasted like. 17.5 out of 20." :p

Oh, I thought you meant one of these:
king-snake.jpg

Never BBQed one of those though. :p

dnjan

One Too Many
Reds go quite well with the (local) Beechers and Beechers reserve, so send them on up.
And I believe you previously referred to bottles of bubbly as well. They would go rather well in passing the time while the Copper River is slow-grilling.

Reds go quite well with the (local) Beechers and Beechers reserve, so send them on up.
And I believe you previously referred to bottles of bubbly as well. They would go rather well in passing the time while the Copper River is slow-grilling.

You mean the cheese they have up there right? :p

You are going to BBQ and drink champagne? Hmmmm. You plan on making blacked salmon eh? :p

dnjan

One Too Many
Beechers (a local cheesemaker in the Market) makes a fantastic cheddar.
and an even better reserve cheddar.

And I always slow-grill my salmon - about three hours. Plenty of time to kill off a few bottles of sparkling beverage (of whatever your preference).

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
PBR used to be a premium brand when I would drink beer before being legal to to do. When I started to drink, there really wasn't a lot of choice back then, and there weren't any micro-brews around. I personally would say that any micro-brew ale, lager, etc would be a better choice than a PBR, but then again, they sell a lot of animal beer out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner