Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

rumblefish

One Too Many
]
Zohar said:
I've never had Berliner Weisse, but I love gueuze, which I have heard is similar in taste.

We need a larger resolution picture of your cellar. Looks like good stuff there.
:cheers1:
I'll give making that photo larger a try

Berliner, I would say is more tart than sour, if that makes sense. where as gueuze is like vineagary, berliner is like lemons. I've had friends say it's to harsh and prefer gueuze. Some folks like a slug of raspberry syrup to take the edge off

Berliner Kindl is probably the most popular
331-2012.jpg
[/IMG]

Rhofal

New in Town
alphy27 said:
Has any one tried Leffe Brune? It's a dark Belgian. Glorious gift from God!! Had it on tap in Montreal last September at a great restaurant called Bieres et Compagnie. Been looking for it ever since around home in RI to no avail. Delicious!!!

Regards,
alphy27

As matter of fact, I'm having a Leffe Brown this very moment :D

You may want to check out the Leffe site, it has an interactive bartender that will guide you through the different brews they make Leffe Site

If you are really into beers, you may want to consider a trip to Belgium (I'm Belgian - and a beer lover too)

Alternatively, these guys export Belgian beers world-wide

http://www.visitbelgium.com/beer.htm

And remember: "Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder"

Rhofal

New in Town
Zohar said:
I'm now a fan of trappist and abbey style ales.

Watch out with them though; you don't want to end up having to write letters like this one:

Dear Abbey,

My wife threatened to leave me if I keep ordering Trappist beers over the Internet. So I'm in two minds now... Should I order Westmalle or Leffe next? ;)

Cheers,
Peter

rumblefish

One Too Many
Any Sammichlaus fans???

DSC00709.jpg
[/IMG]

The one on the right is from 1997 when it was still brewed in Switzerland by Hurlimann brewery. Now Eggenberg in Austria makes it. If I remember right they taste pretty much the same.

I've heard these barleywine types age well, I just don't know if I can bring myself to open it.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
Home Brew

My husband started his first patch. It cost the same as a case of beer all said and done, BUT the flavor is so much better...

Is anyone on here into home brew?

RockBottom

One of the Regulars
hotrod_elf said:
My husband started his first patch. It cost the same as a case of beer all said and done, BUT the flavor is so much better...

Is anyone on here into home brew?

His first patch? Is that what you wear on your arm when you're going through beer withdrawal? ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
My father used to and got rather good at it. At his height there were 25 dozen big bottles (750ml) full of the stuff under the house. Needless to say my mates and I raided the stash frequently. Was good stuff and potent.

dnjan

One Too Many
Rub it in. Rub it in.

If there weren't a number of good brewpubs here in Seattle, I would really be jealous!

Mike K.

One Too Many
My gal and I just picked up two more packs of Rising Moon Spring Ale (after quickly guzzling the first trial pack). It's one of the seasonal Belgian-style wheat beers, with a touch of lime seasoning, from Blue Moon Brewing Company. A real treat...I definitely recommend it!

69699.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo