Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Zohar said:
What are you guys smoking?

:)

Without going into that particular vice... this question made a lot more sense when this thread was in a holding pattern somewhere over the Golden Era forum and before the Vice forum had thrust it's way out of the ice. :eusa_doh:

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss and, although it's not technically a beer, Woodchuck...Amber & Pear Draft Cider's.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
well I'm not used to drink beer!!! But I have a good english friend, and I have to say that I really enjoy to have a beer lol!!!! My favourite (I know it's not original!!) is a pint of Guiness!! lol!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Having a BBQ, washing it down with some Alpha King

Alpha King Pale Ale:
STYLE: American Pale Ale
ABV%: 6
IBUS: 66
COLOR: Deep Orange

Description:
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops

3floyds1.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
alphy27 said:
Has any one tried Leffe Brune? It's a dark Belgian. Glorious gift from God!! Had it on tap in Montreal last September at a great restaurant called Bieres et Compagnie. Been looking for it ever since around home in RI to no avail. Delicious!!!

Regards,
alphy27
One of the places I go to for lunch from time to time tries to rotate a keg of Leffe Brun in on a regular basis. I like having one as my "dessert" beer (I don't like it as much with food). Makes for a very unproductive afternoon, however.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
jake_fink said:
Without going into that particular vice... this question made a lot more sense when this thread was in a holding pattern somewhere over the Golden Era forum and before the Vice forum had thrust it's way out of the ice. :eusa_doh:

I was joking :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Tango Yankee said:
Yesterday I found and tried Great Lakes Brewing Company's Edmund Fitzgerold porter. Very nice!
Cheers,
Tom
They call it Edmund Fitzgerald because it goes down smoothly? I think I might not want to partake.
I've been having what ever premium beer is available when I go out to dinner lately, and enjoying it a lot. Hadn't had much beer for years.
I spent a week in Munich 4 years ago, and we ate many meals at Hacker House, drinking their wonderful Hacker-Pschorr beer. Drinking beer in Germany was a real eye opener, since they don't have to pasturize the beer there the way we do here, which spoils the favor. I'll take ANY fresh brewed German beer, any time.
I used to enjoy a number of brews that are no longer made, Koch's, made in Dunkirk NY, comes to mind.
That would be a good subject for a thread: name all the many wonderful local brands of beer that have been driven to extinction by the massive bland beer making corporations over the years. Just a few from western NY: Simon Pure, Koch's, Koehler (Erie PA), so many others. Is Blatz still around?
And let's not forget the pride of Pittsburgh, Frothingslosh Pale Stale Ale, so light, the foam sinks to the bottom!

dnjan

One Too Many
The first thing I look at when entering a pub is whether or not they have a "pump" at the bar. If so, I check to see what is on the pump that day. Nothing beats a cask-conditioned IPA!

I first had a "traditional, cask-conditioned ale" at a pub in Brighton (note to the Brits reading this - please excuse me if I mispelled Brighton) almost 20 years ago. Since then, finding a pub with a pump is a real find. I have yet to find a pub in the States that has two pumps, but I keep hoping.

Mr. John Smith

New in Town
Beers of the Midwest

Hello..!

Boulevard Brewery here in Kansas City makes some fantastic beers (esp the seasonal beers: Bob's 47, Irish Ale). I'll never forget (remember?:rolleyes: )the day we cracked open a keg of Bully! Porter. Sublime!

The Freestate Brewery in Lawrence, Kansas makes some of the best beer in the world, hands down (and I've traveled a bit...drank a bit more, though). The cask-conditioned Imperial Stout could be the deadliest drink known to modern man.

For my national tastes, try Ommagong Brewery in Cooperstown, NY; for Belgium-styled beers for half the price of the imports (and without the risk of being screwed up in the shipping from overseas).

Cheers!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Alpha King Pale Ale:
STYLE: American Pale Ale
ABV%: 6
IBUS: 66
COLOR: Deep Orange

Description:
Big American Pale Ale with citrusy aroma- a hop lover’s cult beer and Three Floyds’ flagship beer Brewed with Cenntennial, Cascade & Warrior Hops

3floyds1.jpg

Lucky you! I've heard a lot about Three Floyds. It's just not available around here.

Love the stuff frome Stone. Double ba***rd is out now, I hope it doesn't disappear to quickly. Their best yet for me was the 10th Aniversary Ale. I hope to find more...not likely though.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
Mr. John Smith said:
For my national tastes, try Ommagong Brewery in Cooperstown, NY; for Belgium-styled beers for half the price of the imports (and without the risk of being screwed up in the shipping from overseas).

I enthusiastically second the recommendation for this brewery. All their standard brews that I've had (Ommegang, Hennepin, Rare Vos, Three Philosophers; I haven't had the Witte yet) are exceptional. They typically come in larger, corked bottles.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Patrick Murtha said:
I enthusiastically second the recommendation for this brewery. All their standard brews that I've had (Ommegang, Hennepin, Rare Vos, Three Philosophers; I haven't had the Witte yet) are exceptional. They typically come in larger, corked bottles.

I wholeheartedly agree with the two of you. Fortunately I can get 4-packs at my local place, so I don't have to break open a whole magnum of one.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
rumblefish said:
My beer cellar. No bottles with the blue mountains though, how will I know if my beer is cold?

DSC00696.jpg
[/IMG]

Anybody go for Berliner weisse?

I've never had Berliner Weisse, but I love gueuze, which I have heard is similar in taste.

We need a larger resolution picture of your cellar. Looks like good stuff there.
:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo