Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
MisterCairo said:
Skeet,

it's a small world, ain't it?...As for Creemore, it has been one of my fav lagers (I'm more of an ale man) for a while. It almost tastes like an ale, the best compliment I can give a lager!...An issue I have now, however, is that Creemore has been bought out by Molson's, which is now Molson Coors, of course....Now, anything goes.

Hmmmm....interesting. And, as you say: not exactly good news.

I share your taste for ales--IPAs being my faves--and haven't had the chance to try Creemore (yet), so I'm very interested in your take on them. Friends of ours have a sheep dairy in Honeywood, near the Bay...and we have gotten to Creemore itself several times...but never when the brewpub was open. Grrrr...

BTW...the OTHER reason to come to Stratford is....Mr. Crokinole....:D

"Skeet"

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]

On a recent trip up we stopped at a BEER STORE somewhere near floatin' Proton and, as usual, I picked up a few oddities we don't see down here. Some of them were from the Steam Whistle Brewery in TO (I think that's their name, at any rate). Three of them just weren't my thing...but ONE of em! Unfortunately, of course, I can't remember which one did it for me, and they aren't imported here anyway. So, I guess I'll just have to head North again and FORCE myself to try them all again.

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you mean the Mill Street Brewery. Steamwhistle only makes one beer - a pilsener:

http://www.steamwhistle.ca/ourbeer/ourbeer2.php

Mill Street Brewery is Toronto-based, and makes a range of beers, from a coffee flavoured porter (using beans from Balzac's coffee, my fav), to the Tankhouse Ale (the brewery is located in the Gooderham and Worts Distillery district), a Belgian style Wit (wheat beer), and a pilsiner:

http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/

The porter and tankhouse ale are my favourites!

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
MisterCairo said:
I wonder if you mean the Mill Street Brewery. Steamwhistle only makes one beer - a pilsener:

http://www.steamwhistle.ca/ourbeer/ourbeer2.php

Mill Street Brewery is Toronto-based, and makes a range of beers, from a coffee flavoured porter (using beans from Balzac's coffee, my fav), to the Tankhouse Ale (the brewery is located in the Gooderham and Worts Distillery district), a Belgian style Wit (wheat beer), and a pilsiner:

http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/

The porter and tankhouse ale are my favourites!
Bingo, MC, Bingo!
I'm pretty sure it was the Tankhouse (I think I can see how I confused it with the RR theme of the Steamwhistle folks....)! I tried the coffee porter...but it was, for my tastes, too sweet as I remember it.

It's looking like there might be a possibility for us to be running our dog up for some more training in Belwood this summer, after all....so I may have the chance to force myself to see if that is the ale I remember :rolleyes:

Thanks!
"Skeet"

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Not too shabby.

Lagunitas+IPA.JPG

Felt and Straw

Familiar Face
For over the counter stuff, now that it's warmer I enjoy Landshark, good flavor and not too heavy. In the fall/winter anything from Fullers is a hit. The pubs around here always have a good selection of cask conditioned and I'll go with one of those just about any day.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Here's a version of it.

John in Covina said:
I haven't heard it.

There's a big conference of beer producers. At the end of the day, the presidents of all beer companies decide to have a drink in a bar.

The president of 'Budweiser' orders a Bud, the president of 'Miller' orders a Miller Lite, Adolph Coors orders a Coors, and the list goes on. Then the waitress asks Arthur Guinness what he wants to drink, and much to everybody's amazement, Mr. Guinness orders a Coke!

"Why don't you order a Guinness?" his colleagues ask.

"Naah. If you guys won't drink beer, then neither will I."

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
lindylady said:
Anyone ever try Freoch Heather ale (light, delicate, can taste the heather flowers), McEwans (dark, sweet, and creamy)? I also like Smithwick's.

I LOVE Fraoch Heather Ale. Our liquor stores carry special packs at Christmas time with Fraoch and three other unusual Scottish ales. The Fraoch is often available in bottles on its own, too.

It's good to meet another fan!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Bingo, MC, Bingo!
I'm pretty sure it was the Tankhouse (I think I can see how I confused it with the RR theme of the Steamwhistle folks....)! I tried the coffee porter...but it was, for my tastes, too sweet as I remember it.

It's looking like there might be a possibility for us to be running our dog up for some more training in Belwood this summer, after all....so I may have the chance to force myself to see if that is the ale I remember :rolleyes:

Thanks!
"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Cheers!

Ha! I'm gonna remember that, but I'll probably replace Guinness with Pabst!

St.Ignatz said:
There's a big conference of beer producers. At the end of the day, the presidents of all beer companies decide to have a drink in a bar.

The president of 'Budweiser' orders a Bud, the president of 'Miller' orders a Miller Lite, Adolph Coors orders a Coors, and the list goes on. Then the waitress asks Arthur Guinness what he wants to drink, and much to everybody's amazement, Mr. Guinness orders a Coke!

"Why don't you order a Guinness?" his colleagues ask.

"Naah. If you guys won't drink beer, then neither will I."

Drew B

One of the Regulars
TED nah!

Anyone a Cooper's Green Fan.

Come to think of it... Anyone heard of Cooper's before?

450px-Coopers_pale_ale.jpg

sorry bout the giant pic but I couldn't find a smaller one!

Drew B

One of the Regulars
i live in a pretty small town and, well, this is the town beer. Recently half the town threatned to boycott the pub unless the publican put coopers on tap... so coopers was put on tap! It's the kinda pub when you go to the bar and the bar maid tends to know what you drink (probably made easy by the fact that most people drink coops)...

Drew B

One of the Regulars
ummm... well I only know them by colour.... what colour is it?... I've had the red and it was quiet a scrumptious beverage indeed... Is it brown? (gees it's like a game!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats