Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Sweater Search

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BonnieJean said:
OK, can someone take a picture of themselves in a cardigan worn backwards? I tried wearing it this a.m. and I just looked silly--like I had put the thing on backwards and not very stylish at all! lol Maybe I just don't have the right style/length of cardigan or it just doesn't suit my body type. So if anyone has some pictures of themselves wearing really cool-looking cardigans, can you post them please?
Inquiring minds want to know....

I promise to get to this!! Just haven't had time so far.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
BonnieJean said:
So, kamikat, did you win it? Let's see it!
I put it in the sweater thread but here's another pic
b76f_1.JPG

nyx

One of the Regulars
They had some really cute sweater sets at Target. 3/4 sleeve cardigan over a sleeveless sweater shell. And they were cheap because it's Target! I bought 3 sets: red, black, and tan.

I've been wearing them to work non-stop recently over wide legged black or grey pants. Closest I can get to a vintage look at work, without looking too out of place in corporate America.

cashun

New in Town
Sweater Obsessed

Hey- Just so everyone knows, I've become sweater obsessed. I've always enjoyed wearing sweaters, back to my 1980's burlap shaped, big shouldered sweaters to my Gap sweater sets, but over the past few years it's grown into a beast all it's own.

It started with seeing Gene Tierney in Laura with her beutiful sweater, then, I started looking up photos of the Original Sweater Girl- Lana Turner, I even resulted in watching old episodes of I Love Lucy hoping to see if she had any cute sweater and capri pants combos. BUT I completely lost it when I started watching my boyfriends old Twin Peaks tapes. Seeing Sherilyn Fenn in those fabulous sweaters and her Elizabeth Taylor hair and cherry red lips, made me realize that not only could these sweaters look modern and current, but they are over the moon fabulous.

So, now I'm am desperately looking for anything like the Twin Peaks sweaters that have a very 1940's & 1950's feel to them, but also any type of women's sweaters from that era. I've tried the vintage route, but the sweaters I've found seem to be only sized to fit a 5 year old girl, or they are wretchedly damaged (holes, stiff areas, worn areas.) So if anyone knows of some modern retailers that have some of these vintage looking sweaters or sweater sets, please let me know.

Thanks Eternally

cashun

New in Town
KittyT said:
Girl, it's like 90 degrees with 75% humidity here right now. I can't even *think* about sweaters!

It's "hot heeeeeaarrrr" too, but I'm in a nice air conditioned office, with nothing but crisp fall evenings filling my head. Cozy sweaters, tweed skirts, sheared stockings with a black seam up the back, and a pair of killer heels. In my head it's brisk and crisp outside, and the night air wafts with the slight smell of burning leaves. MMMM....

cashun

New in Town
sixsexsix said:
Someone gave me this link in another thread: http://www.friendsofcouture.com.au/9.html

Their sweaters are adorable! I have no idea how to buy them online though :(

I just checked out that website and the sweaters are adorable. I have no idea how much they are, and when I clicked on the contact page a list of what I can only assume are international phone numbers came up. I'm not even sure what country or continent. Geeze I hope I don't have to learn how to knit.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
beside the search box there is a little blue link that says Advanced Search, click on that and look for "search by seller" then you just put the sellers name into the box and ta-da!

gingermore

Familiar Face
It was me who originally posted the "Friends of Couture" link. Sorry, I didn't really look at it properly and didn't notice you couldn't buy from the site. I too have become sweater obsessed (it is winter here) and found this ebay store which has repro knitting patterns (I figure it's okay to post an ebay store isn't it? - it's not an auction). I adore the 1930s stuff, however, I have a smallish problem in that I don't knit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner