Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Grizzly"

AdeeC

Practically Family
I see Headwind MFG have a new Grizzly jacket and a MC one as well. Any opinions? They're on the Merchants forum.
Steve S makes those jackets for Headwind. He made a grizzly for me and its great value. All measurements made to my requirements and choice of materials.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just received this Greatest Generation Co. Grizzly by Steve S.
It's really too warm for this jacket today but I wanted to try it out at least once before storing for the Summer.
3L6UneMh.jpg
k9VRChah.jpg
O0zqTVYh.jpg
Yagd1oVh.jpg

casechopper

Give the praise to Steve S. He makes a nice jacket. It also helps that his size seems to be just slightly smaller than mine and he likes his jackets a bit looser than I. If he hadn't been selling this prototype jacket cheap I'd never have been able to afford this.

Denton

One of the Regulars
Really cool, Casechopper. The grizzly seems to be basically a youthful style but it can also look great on some guys who are not youths. Maybe the key to the effect is the contrast between the tough leather and the soft fur. I agree with Bob that the colors are fantastic.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Jacket looks terrific! That broad collar looks so great on the back picture, I love how it covers your neck up to your hair. Totally badass, just perfect! If I lived somewhere more rural, like Canada, I'd love to get a jacket just like this but I'm afraid I cannot pull that off in a 500.000 people city and it's probably too warm here too. Still, if I was ever to get a Grizzly, it would be from Steve S., coolest interpretation of the style out there by a mile.

One question, what kind of fur is this? Shearling. Mouton as on the Aero version?

casechopper

Thanks Tropicalbob, Denton and Jacketjunkie.

Jacketjunkie: I live right outside NYC so definitely an urban area. I think styles that are less common like this are easier to wear in urban areas than they would be in rural areas. The jacket isn't actually too terribly warm. It's definitely a Winter jacket but didn't feel bad at around 50f this morning. The fur is mouton fur from sheep.

AdeeC

Practically Family

Jacketjunkie: I live right outside NYC so definitely an urban area. I think styles that are less common like this are easier to wear in urban areas than they would be in rural areas. The jacket isn't actually too terribly warm. It's definitely a Winter jacket but didn't feel bad at around 50f this morning. The fur is mouton fur from sheep.
Well done and it looks great on you. I got Steve to put a light weight lining on mine as our winters are fairly mild. Feels quite light and not much different to wearing an A-2, just slightly warmer. I find the look not as hardcore as many believe when seen actually worn.

Edward

Bartender
Gorgeous jacket, I'm increasingly taken with the Grizzly. Funny, as it's a style I really did not like when I first saw one, but it's really gotten its claws into me now. Saw one in my size on the Aero sale page a while back and had to hide the credit card from myself!

Steve S.

One of the Regulars

First off, the jacket looks like it fits great! I'm glad my little "bulking up" experiment with 3 t shirts & a sweatshirt to reach your chest measurement worked!

One thing you will notice about this one is it will be very comfortable in a wide range of temps with that mid liner being polartec fleece. I made another jacket for myself with the same liner setup & noticed while grocery shopping with the Mrs. that it was very warm outside in high ten temps, but never even unzipped it inside the store & we were in there for close to an hour. Any of my other "heavy" coats would have been off after 5 mins indoors.

Wear it in good health my friend!

bn1966

Lovely jacket again from Steve...really suits you Casechopper.

Now the the "Grizzly" is a jacket that horrified me when I first saw one:

"who the hell thought that up?" was my initial reaction, which has now changed to "cool jacket" that I'd very happily wear :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR