Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Grizzly"

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
This is my Grizzly...Came today.I am stunned by it.Too warm today to wear apart from trying on but I am seriously considering moving to a cooler part of the world

Attachments

• P6100119front.jpg
    P6100119front.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 2,275
  • P6100121rear.jpg
    P6100121rear.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 2,250

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Would just like to say that if you are tempted by a Grizzly...give in to temptation.They are a lot of fun to wear.I have been able to wear mine quite a bit since I got it and a few nice creases are forming.The contrast between the mouton and leather is not striking on mine but maybe passers by think "What was that?"

Attachments

• Aero Grizzly.jpg
    Aero Grizzly.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 2,554

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Thanks for the interesting links and what a variety of prices and styles.The import charges on the first example made me wince!Love this gorgeous lining on the repro Sugar Cane.

Attachments

• s-l1600canelining.jpg
    s-l1600canelining.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,199

John_Z

Familiar Face
I have one of those Sugar Cane Grizzly's. I bought mine new on Yahoo Japan for a lot less that the pre-owned example in your link, about 25% less in fact.

John_Z

Familiar Face
If it aint HH & mouton it aint comin' in :)

Oh, and those RL Grizzly's are made in China. Cheaply no doubt and not deserving the premium price tag.

Last edited:

mihai

A-List Customer
If it aint HH & mouton it aint comin' in :)

Oh, and those RL Grizzly's are made in China. Cheaply no doubt and not deserving the premium price tag.
Agree HH and mouton also. I'd add cow/horse hair on hide for me.
What I don't like about these RL jackets: the heavy distressing looking too artificial.

I used to think about ordering an Aero or LW Grizzly. I found out that the hair on hide panels were not doubled(with leather) underneath. Changed my mind about ordering as they won't offer such customization. I am not sure if structurally (thick strong leather put together with this thinner fur leather) would be holding up well in time. Also thermal insulation would be improved when doubled.
Given this I had 2 Grizzly type jackets custom made (1st cowhide, 2nd horsehide). While the pattern is not accurate, they address the doubling and have personalized fit(tapered torso).

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The names they've give their products are hilarious: "Rebellious Spirit", "Risky Charm" "Coxcomb" and best of all, "Mysterious Allurement". I sense English is neither their first or possibly even the second language...

Edward

Bartender
I'm seeing quite a few of these spam bot/link spam posts on here of late - I can't see any report link to flag them up anywhere, it is as I'm using the 'vintage lounge' theme?

Try the bottom left of the post; should be either a report flag or a drop down menu (looks like three horizontal lines). Really helpful when folks report spam, as bartenders can't see everything as it comes out. (Alas, too much time needed on my "real" job! ;-) ).

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Saw that before, be interesting to see it worn/worn in, can't say that photo does it for me.

I was very tempted with the SJC one last year at the price but the fact it was exchange rather than returns kind of stopped me - I understand why he needed to work that way but at the same time I think its one of those jackets I'd need the fit to feel spot on in order to wear.

Try the bottom left of the post; should be either a report flag or a drop down menu (looks like three horizontal lines). Really helpful when folks report spam, as bartenders can't see everything as it comes out. (Alas, too much time needed on my "real" job! ;-) ).

Thanks, maybe thats an admin only thing - I checked all three themes and couldn't find it.

I know from experience its an endless task keeping on top of the spam on forums so wasn't complaining just trying to help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto