Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hollywood & Vine Diner is Back!!!!

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
This is great news for those in the LA area. It was my favorite new restaurant.....then without notice it closed last year.

Today I was in Hollywood and decided to see where Philip Marlowe's was supposed to be. That unfortunately is now a parking lot......but two doors down.....I saw people setting in what I thought was gone forever.

Some of you may remember on the old lounge the picture I posted. Sergei and Rundquist have had dinner there and can attest to how cool the place is.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Oh yeah. I found out by taking some of my friends to dinner there back in March. It was locked up tighter than a drum. I went to there website and it said they were down because there were adding on a place called "The Ultra Lounge" next door to be a part of the place and that they would reopen in May. May came and went, then it said July. Along came August....well you get the picture. When the website disappeared I took it as a bad sign. I called Capital Records (which owns the place) and played the phone transfer game with apathetic air-heads. Finally when they figured out I was playing for keeps and transferred me someone that knew the score: Game over. I inquired about the great vintage photos of Hollywood. They said no dice. They belonged to Capital and would be coming home to roost.

When I went in yesterday, it looked like it always had. The gal behind the bar didn't know much. Everybody there was new. I can't imagine why the previous employees didn't just sit tight for a good part of a year. It is not like they needed to pay bills or anything.

I did learn that they dropped the "diner" part of their name because they aren't serving breakfast anymore. I didn't think "diner" fit the image of the place anyway.

At any rate, one of the coolest restaurants in Hollywood is back.

Here is a photo of Sergei, Adam and yours truely after just finishing our steak dinners and heading off to the Egyptian to see Raiders of the Lost Ark a year ago January.

Enjoy!

Adam_Walt_&_MK_H&Vine_diner.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24