Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The irrationality of looking out the door for your package

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
hmmp... so my paperclip zipper pullers are too late for my jacket... I ordered those pullers more than one month ago when the jacket was still in concept... sad sad sad.
our postal service is really bad, I know for sure those zippers are already sitting in the local post office warehouse, but they could be there waiting for 2-3 weeks... I have incredible urge to raid the post office and liberate my zippers right now.

Update on that $30 Lewis Leathers jacket I whined about earlier, if anyone even cares. The lady that was selling the jacket called me this afternoon to inform me that the person who bought it wanted to return it because it doesn't fit, and asked me if I'd still be interested in buying it because otherwise she wouldn't take it back. But, what I feared most happened - instead of simply saying yes sure, before I even realized what's happening, I was already lecturing her on what these jackets are worth. Best part, at first she didn't believe me, until I sent her a few links. So the jacket is going on the bay. and I'm an idiot.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Update on that $30 Lewis Leathers jacket I whined about earlier, if anyone even cares. The lady that was selling the jacket called me this afternoon to inform me that the person who bought it wanted to return it because it doesn't fit, and asked me if I'd still be interested in buying it because otherwise she wouldn't take it back. But, what I feared most happened - instead of simply saying yes sure, before I even realized what's happening, I was already lecturing her on what these jackets are worth. Best part, at first she didn't believe me, until I sent her a few links. So the jacket is going on the bay. and I'm an idiot.

You did the right thing. Wait, did you?

pawineguy

One Too Many
Let the higher powers decide while I go play deus ex machina someplace else.

Monitor, I firmly believe that will come back to you 5X over some day. You did the right thing, and I can't help but juxtapose it against some of the other threads over the past couple of days... including one you commented on a little earlier. Money will come and go. I am proud to be a member of a board with good people like you.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Monitor, I firmly believe that will come back to you 5X over some day. You did the right thing, and I can't help but juxtapose it against some of the other threads over the past couple of days... including one you commented on a little earlier. Money will come and go. I am proud to be a member of a board with good people like you.

I agree with PWG. It was a good thing and good karma. I respect you for what you did.... I also think you're a bit daft... but I can live with that. My lead guitarist owns the BEST music store in the Capital District. More'n once he's had granny come in with a guitar she bought her son years ago that he never played.... worth thousands... he could've got it for pennies.... He usually does the "right" thing... but he's in business and you're not. You did the right thing.

Worf

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
well Monitor, you should charge her consultation fee :) in this life, because "good karma" normally can only be enjoyed in the next life (or next reincarnation):D

Thanks, guys! :) See, it's this that reminds me why I love this place. pawineguy, I'll believe you even though this far in lofe all my experience with these things were complete opposite. Worf's right - I am a very daft person and I firmly believe that the universe strongly dislikes daft people. Worst part, I really, really wanted a LL. But c'est la vie, if you'll pardon my French, eh.

BUT another parcel (one that's been fully paid for) is soon to be on its way so something to look forward to! :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys! :) See, it's this that reminds me why I love this place. pawineguy, I'll believe you even though this far in lofe all my experience with these things were complete opposite. Worf's right - I am a very daft person and I firmly believe that the universe strongly dislikes daft people. Worst part, I really, really wanted a LL. But c'est la vie, if you'll pardon my French, eh.

BUT another parcel (one that's been fully paid for) is soon to be on its way so something to look forward to! :D

The universe may not love the daft, but I do... It's the "characters" we meet in life that give us some of our fondest memories. For me it was a group of thoroughly "unrepentant" uncles on my mother's side. Gamblers, drinkers, card players... the things they taught me. Others included teachers, buddies in the Army.... the daft, when they love you... they're all in... and you can never get enough of that.

Worf

Many of us are not 'normal'.
I like to call it 'unique'.
Also I have some very unique friends that certainly spice up life often when least expecting it. Most might be considered honest to a fault...but other common boundaries can become quite hazy. Wouldn't want it any other way.....:D
HD

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
right after my jacket zippers all being installed... Of course.... :faint2:
my-jacket-moto2-design-proto19.jpg
ha ha.... life is cruel...
on the brighter side .... future jackets hmmm :sleep:

Worf, HD, aye. Agreed. :)

Navetsea, for what it's worth, I think the other zippers are much nicer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner