Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Legend of 1900...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone seen this film? This is a fictional motion picture about a pianist who lived his whole life on ship. Not many people know about this movie, but if you love music and Rachmoninoff, this is a must-see movie. Even though there is no kiss scene, this movie is extremely romantic just with the soundtrack. Some songs are to die for- they sound like a imitation of Rachmoninoff combined with 20th Century sound.
I think this is one of Tom Roths best works to date.
B000066744.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

1479625.jpg
legend1900.jpg

For me it's one of those films I caught around two in the morning after getting off of work and couldn't take my eyes off of it. The scene with the rolling piano in a storm at sea was just fun to watch.

Cheers!

Dan

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Dan you mean Tim Roth? Looks like a good movie I will check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I really liked him in Reservoir Dogs, Vincent & Theo and Pupl Fiction.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I guess I'm in the minority....

I really wanted to like this movie, but it really annoyed me. It was if they couldn't decide if it was a serious story or fantasy, so they went with both. The bit with the piano rolling all over the place, and the other bit with Jelly Roll Morton just did not feel right.

That said, I thought the wardrobe was great, and it had a nice period feel.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
To each their own. Not every one is pleased with every movie. So, many folks loved Star Wars III and thought it was the best, but I came away feeling jipped. Like they ran out of Ideas and just ended it with out a how do you do. But, that's just my two cents.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy