Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look is Coming Back... I think?

Dalexs

Practically Family
I don't know if anyone has had the chance to see the ads in Newsweek or on tv but this caught my eye the other day.

Click on the image to see the entire ad.

I also just saw the tv ad the other night on late night cable
(based on the "cheese" factor of the commercial, it's right where it belongs!)

Now back to our regular programming...

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
You may be onto something there Dalexs. At work, I'm currently working on a catalog for high-end consumer & commercial ranges that features spokesmodels all dolled up in vintage evening gowns. It's pretty classy looking. I'd post some pix. but I'd probably lose my job if I did. Maybe after the catalogs ship!:D

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I think we have our selves to thank and blame. Here in Southern NH I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m seening more wide brim hats. I even posted a thread about running into the local market and meeting a man who was dressed like someone shook a pulp novel and he fell out from In between the pages?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ dark gray trench coat and matching fedora. Like Nineteen-FortyThree said?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ maybe the morals would come back to.

There?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s going to come a time when fedora?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and the rest of the look will be all the rage for about 8 months, then will morph into something new then will become something ?¢‚Ǩ?ìDated?¢‚Ǩ? again like white disco suites and parachute pants. I hate to be the wet blanket and splash of cold water.

If it were up to me though?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ that look would be forever back in style. It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s timeless and doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t age. That?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s the way women and men should look. Also?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ the Detroit should be making more hybrid Cars?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ not just the Gas/Electric veraty but one that would look at home in both the 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and 40?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s but in 21st Century. (Then that style would spill into Cell-Phones, Lap-tops and other items that wern?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t around in that era.)

Who knows?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ maybe that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s what the angelic ghetto looks like where Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett are now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot