Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Manhattan Vintage Show----Slideshow

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
From New York Magazine:

Style Tribe: Diehards at the Manhattan Vintage Show

By Marisha Camp

Over the weekend, diehard vintage fanatics flocked to the annual Manhattan Vintage Show. Among the milliners, vintage clothing dealers, costume history students, and self-proclaimed vintage gurus was also a more familiar face: Jemima Kirke, the actress who plays Jessa on Girls. “I’ve been wearing vintage since I was a kid,” Kirke told the Cut, which makes sense — her mother, Lorraine Kirke, is the owner of the West Village clothing store Geminola, and has been responsible for dressing Jessa both on- and offscreen. Kirke showed up to the sale in a hunter-green trench coat with a decadent fur collar, while other attendees sported wool ski pants from the thirties and remnants of French military uniforms. Click through our Slideshow for a full view of the scene.

Nobert

Practically Family
Some of those were quite nice looking. The lady in the burgundy outfit, for example. Some of those people also looked like your typical fashionistas, just exuding shallow narcissism, their facial expressions and overall aura connoting the empty space where their souls should be like the façade of a bombed-out building. But there were some nice ones, too.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some of those were quite nice looking. The lady in the burgundy outfit, for example. Some of those people also looked like your typical fashionistas, just exuding shallow narcissism, their facial expressions and overall aura connoting the empty space where their souls should be like the façade of a bombed-out building. But there were some nice ones, too.

I think that's less the person and more the photographer. Those photos were staged. Those are typical "model looks" if you pick up a copy of vogue or any other "model heavy" magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21