Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Martini

After tracking down a bottle of Pernod, I suppose a lifetime supply, I did try it with some neighbors. It was OK but a little Pernod goes a long way. It's hard to improve on just Gin and Vermouth and an olive, twist or onion (yes, I know that's a Gibson).

I would use it the same way you would with other drinks that call for it. Just coat the inside of the glass with it and pour out the rest (and drink it of course:p).

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
After tracking down a bottle of Pernod, I suppose a lifetime supply, I did try it with some neighbors. It was OK but a little Pernod goes a long way. It's hard to improve on just Gin and Vermouth and an olive, twist or onion (yes, I know that's a Gibson).
A little Pernod does go a long way in a Martini! My favorite way to drink Pernod is in a Level Crossing ( http://leslieblythemiller.wordpress.com/?s=level+crossing) which is delicious, nothing like a Martini and deadly.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Substitute a dash of Absinthe, for the Pernod pastis in your Martini.

The Level Crossing appears to be a more modern take on the Tremblement de Terre, or Earthquake. (Half absinthe, Half Cognac)

A revised Earthquake here: Start with a dose of a fairly plain anise rich absinthe - we used Francois Guy. Add half as much again of cognac. Top up with iced water as normal. The cognac gives the absinthe an almost vintage-like richness - delicious!
Don't plan on operating heavy machinery after a couple of these.

http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=4441&view=findpost&p=142436

I tried it using a shot of 1940s Herbsaint, and some Cognac I had in my cabinet.....very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points