Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most important drink of the day

Most important drink of the day

• Eye Opener

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Preprandial/Aperitif

• Postprandial

• Nightcap

• Total voters

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm assuming, and please don't correct me if i'm wrong*, that eye opener is the first drink of the morning. That's the one for me. Be still my shaking hand . . .

bk

* I haven't had mine yet . . . still a little cranky.

There's always gin on the cornflakes!

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
I lied

I put myself down for the prepandial, but I don't eat afterwards.

It is my 6 pm ritual. Pull in the drive, grab a bunch of mint out of the planter by the door, walk into the house, get a hug from my little boy, and then combine the mint with crushed ice, simple syrup, and something from Kentucky. Why spoil that bliss with mere food?

BuddyJ

One of the Regulars
My morning coffee. I like it hot, black, and strong without being too acidic. Don't bother speaking with me until I've had it and it's had time to kick in.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm a pre and post, but there's nothing like Margaritas on a sunny day under the umbrella, waiting for your lime chicken kabobs to grill.

That and there's a certain charm to margaritas after the lime chicken.

And I suppose I wouldn't turn down margaritas shortly before bed.

Or margaritas when I wake up.

It's okay, I'm a professional; I'm Irish.

Gideon Ashe

One of the Regulars
Redolent? Frisson? Ive got your redolent and frisson!

I like my occasional tipple to be redolent of peat and the sea with the plaintiff squirling; a pean to a lost friend, heard far away in the time lost.
I want a touch of Iodine and a heavy throaty touch like listening to Julie London belt out her heart on a 78 as the wind and rain and fog drift in, dampening the curtins on a window of my soul longing for a frisson of what might have been and what might yet come.

Lagavulin 16 or Talisker 10 or Caol Ila 12. In any order will do just fine thank you very much. Make that three fingers, a tough of water and no ice.
A clean glass would also be most pleasant.;)

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Oh how I long to join you in those after hours drinks, but being a bf mommy, it just isn't in my nature to do anything that would harm my child intentionally, so I wait for another 9 months at least...

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Lately I have been in favor of the Oh-god-I-managed-to-make-it-through-another-insane-day-working drink.....

Technically it's also pre-prandial, but only because I can't even -ponder- food making until I forget the day a bit.

^ This is the day I'm having at the moment, btw. ^

lindylady

A-List Customer
I'm partial to a pre-prandial, especially if it complements the upcoming dinner.

Lady Day, your avatar is so chic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael